Shooooes! :3

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shooooes! :3

Post by howll on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:47 pm

So, what shoes fit well for makies? Any idea what BJD size shoes would fit them? Any other suggestions?
howll

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/howll/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shooooes! :3

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Ken shoes fit! As do MH boy shoes (and eah for that matter. In fact, eah and mh boy shirts fit great too. Hunter outfits for everyone!)
Wee 3 friends stuff kinda fits. It's a little big but the boots look awesome.
Action man boots fit but are too big, but work excellent for clompy giant head smashing boots <_< >_>

Also, good to know.. their foot pegs actually mean they can wear Bratz shoes. Yes, the pegs fit the bratz shoe hole.. thing. I can get some pictures if you'd like. Boots and such would work better due to the texture shift between skin but yeah.

Also because you can take their feet off, you can put any shoes you want on them lol. Just remove the feet and jam the stumps on in there bwhahaha.

But yeah... anyone got ideas for more feminine shoes? Aside from the lab's own printed ones.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:09 pm

I think I heard that Tonner Marley shoes fit, but I have never bought any to vouch for it. I think there are also 1/6th action figure Doc Martens on eBay that fit. The very famous Mushroom has a pair.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Tonner Marley does fit! I recently bought two pair. They are a bit of a fiddle, as they are rather tight. But no feet detaching, which is nice.

I also have some pairs bought of collectiblekitbash.co.uk. Hiking boots and legionair boots. They seem a bit big, compared to Tonner Marley.

If I would buy more shoes, I'd definitely do a Tonner Marley search first.

"It's a Makie World, after all!" My makies are here

I also sell on Etsy, custom woodwork. World Of Vencka

My Makies made real: Vencka, Fáelán (pronounced Fai-Lin) and Malice
Vaergo

View user profile http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:57 pm

I learned tonight.. Moxie Teenz shoes fit the heeled feet!
Technically they fit the regular feet too but it looks a bit odd. But yeah, Vicky's heeled feet smooshed in just fine. They fit! They are a nightmare to get off again but then so are Ken shoes.

So Vicky now has some hot boots hah.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by howll on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:31 pm

I has none of these shoes! And now I'm wishing I chucked in a shoe pack, extra hands and heeled feet into my order! Oh well the next one it'll have to be...

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/howll/
My Makies: https://mymakie.com/people/howl/

"My cat's breath smells like cat food"
howll

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/howll/

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Lammily shoes fit perfectly too! I have some and they're great! You can even purchase just a pair of shoes Here for $2.50! Deal!

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MadWild on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:55 pm

If you search for 1/6 or Yosd sized shoes on eBay they are likely to fit. I got Annie a pair of converses on Etsy that are the same as ones available on eBay, and just this week ordered a pair of boots on eBay so I will report on how well they fit once they arrive. A lot of the sellers actually list the measurements of the shoe in the listing, so you can check if they're right for your Makie's feet Smile. If they're a bit big, I find that's okay as it makes it easier to slide the feet in. The converses I have are a little big, but stay on really well and look adorable Very Happy.

MadWild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MadWild on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:32 am

The boots from eBay arrived! They fit well, they have little zips on the back which makes it nice and easy to put them on. The laces are a little long so I need to sort them. I really like them, they look very cute, but quite chunky which I like but I know some people don't.

If I'm allowed, I'll share the link to them here if anyone wants it Smile.

MadWild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:50 am

I wouldn't mind seeing them :3 while I don't have my first one just yet I am in search of boots for the dear haha

Also, does anyone suggest any places for 1/6 red sneakers? >.>
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:24 am

jupiternames wrote:I think I heard that Tonner Marley shoes fit, but I have never bought any to vouch for it. I think there are also 1/6th action figure Doc Martens on eBay that fit. The very famous Mushroom has a pair.
I have a Marley, I will have a try and see if the shoes fit!

Without Challenge There is No Achievement
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:26 am

MadWild wrote:The boots from eBay arrived! They fit well, they have little zips on the back which makes it nice and easy to put them on. The laces are a little long so I need to sort them. I really like them, they look very cute, but quite chunky which I like but I know some people don't.

If I'm allowed, I'll share the link to them here if anyone wants it Smile.
Yes please share the linky doo dah!

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 am

link link link

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MadWild on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Hehe, here you go: click here for boots.

There's a couple of other listings for the same shoes, they all come from China but the postage is free. This is the seller I used and they very kindly warned me it might take a long time for them to arrive. They actually ended up arriving really quickly, earlier than eBay's earliest estimate, so I guess I got lucky!

I will say again though, these give a very chunky look, especially against the Makies tight-fitting leggings, so bear that in mind if it's not the look you're going for! I love them though Very Happy.

MadWild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:42 pm

MadWild wrote:Hehe, here you go: click here for boots.

There's a couple of other listings for the same shoes, they all come from China but the postage is free. This is the seller I used and they very kindly warned me it might take a long time for them to arrive. They actually ended up arriving really quickly, earlier than eBay's earliest estimate, so I guess I got lucky!

I will say again though, these give a very chunky look, especially against the Makies tight-fitting leggings, so bear that in mind if it's not the look you're going for! I love them though Very Happy.

They are great!  Thanks for the link.  Very Happy

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MadWild on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:39 pm

No problem, have fun shoe-shopping! Very Happy

MadWild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:48 am

YoSD shoes are a bit of a mixed bag, as some can be too big for Makie feet. You want to look for listings which say that the shoes fit some of the smaller 1/6 BJDs, like LittleFees, Lati dolls, etc.

Have the Makie foot measurements nearby, because several of the Sellers from China will give you the inner measurements of the shoes in their listings. Even if they don't have the measurements posted in their listing, if you send them a message with the length of the doll's foot and the width of the foot at the widest part, they will tell you if the shoes

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:01 am

Oops, I accidently hit the send button before I finished. Lol! Very Happy

Anyway, as I was saying, if you send them the dolls foot measurements, they will let you know if the shoes will fit you doll.

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkinlae on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:06 am

Would YOSD shoes not fit? I could imagine Littlefee or similar sized shoes fitting them if they were trainers/converse or something. Next time I'm at a BJD meet I will ask if I can try them on

Arkinlae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Yes, the ones made for the smaller sized YoSDs, like Littlefees, will work, especially if you use socks.

One of the problems is that not all sellers identify which size YoSD sized shoes they are selling, some listings will just say YoSD sized shoes, or 1/6 BJD shoes. In which case it's better to ask the seller for more info, like the shoe measurements, or send them the measurements for the Makie's foot and ask "Will these shoes fit this specific sized foot?".

The way I discovered that some YoSD shoes would fit, was because I had a pair of YoSD shoes that I'd ordered, which had turned out to be smaller and slimmer than my other YoSD sized shoes. They didn't fit a lot of my YoSD sized dolls.

I'd received the shoes about a month or so prior to receiving one of my Makies, happened to think of them, and wondered if they would fit. I found that even though they were still a bit big on a Makie foot, that they would work,and that they worked even better if you use socks as well. ^_^

So I'm saying that you need to watch, because a lot of the YoSD sized shoes are waaay too wide, and a bit too big for little Makie feet..... Lol, some of them are even a bit wide on even the bigger YoSD's feet. Very Happy

****A good seller to check out is " deb's Adorables" on ebay, she has shoes for several different sized dolls, she gives the foot measurements, and even tells you how to measure your doll's foot to see if a pair of shoes will fit. ^_^

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkinlae on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 am

That's true seeing as Yo can mean anything from Pukifee to a BID.

I know for a fact Lati Yellow SP shoes can fit as my Makie has some, but I don't think normal Lati Yellow shoes would. Annoyingly I don't think the SP size is very popular as there arent that many syles of them

Arkinlae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:05 pm

There are some pretty good posts about shoes back in the old forum that didn't get moved over, probably because a lot of them ended up in threads that weren't originally about shoes. It's worth going over to the old forum, and just having a rummage round sometimes. ^_^

There are several posts about shoes that are listed as fitting Hujoo, which say that those are a very good fit for Makies. I think the listing needs to read, "fits Hujoo, Blythe, one or two other dolls, and Momoko", I just can't remember the other one or two dolls that should be named in the listing.

Apparently, from what I gather, if the listing only says Blythe, or only says Momoko, the shoes will probably be too small. iIf it just says Hujoo I think those will fit, but make sure it's not the baby Hujoo, as those are tiny!

Yeah, when those little boots I'd ordered arrived, I remember thinking how cool they were, but that my Volks YoSDs sure weren't going to be able to get their chubby little feet in them! Very Happy Fortunately, I remembered them when my second Makie arrived, and the few pairs of Ken shoes that fit just didn't suit him. Lol, Ken's shoes just weren't cool looking enough to suit Ryuu. ^_~

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:37 am

I'm about to buy some shoes from China on ebay, I'm assuming that they'll fit *someone* even if it's not the Makies. I have far too many dolls, really. I don't mind shoes that are a bit too big and I can always make some socks for the dolls if I have to. 

Right, off I go to ebay to narrow down my options.

-----
I like to sew things.
http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/
Chove

View user profile http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:23 am

Has anyone had success with the 1/6 crocs? I have someone coming who might be interested in a comfort shoe.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:08 am

I just ordered some to try, as they were cheap enough. I'm hoping they will fit Makie feet, but I'm not too worried if they don't.
Lol, that's one advantage of having lots of different sized dolls, there's bound to be someone here who can wear them. Very Happy

Anyway, I'll let you know when the crocs arrive, and my gang tries them on.

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum