Hello from the Netherlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by RickyCute on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:31 am

Hi everyone,

I only have one Makie named Lila and I can't believe MakieLab changed the Makie creator Shocked
Anyway, I live in the Netherlands and have been collecting all kinds of dolls since 1996 (just imaging my attic filled with them Very Happy)

Being too busy with live itself I almost forgot about collecting and making clothes for dolls.
So I tried to see what was up with the Makie website after three months of helping my mum moving and really....did they changed the Makie creator that much?

I'm kind of disappointed of what's left to create a unique Makie doll, I feel almost sad. Anybody that can fill me in on what has happened?
I can't find the login anymore and with that all the saved Makie dolls I created. One in peticulair I wanted to be made but I guess that's out of the window?

So through this forum I hope to see and hear about all the Makie fun, especially pics and fashion creations have my interest.

Let's Makie cheers

RickyCute

View user profile http://www.dollsdepartment25.nl/en/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by jupiternames on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:57 am

Welcome!

So, the new configuration in the creator has a button near the top right that says Advanced Mode and a slider that says off. You want to click that slider. Then you can change ear shape, nose shape, eye tilt, etc. You can still make all the same changes as a year ago.

You should also still be able to log in. From the front page, scroll down to the bottom and find Sign in. Or if you are already signed in, it will say My account. Unless the Makie you wanted to order was a classic or a pistachio, you should still be able to order him or her.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:54 am

Yeah the maker is still there, it's just not intuitive. So many people have had problems with it with that stupid advanced mode thing.
Click the advanced button and it'll all be back.

signing in needs to be put back near the top. I do hope they rethink this redesign soon because you aren't the first person to be totally confused by it all. Pretty much everyone who's gone to the site has been all "wait, how do I log in? why can't I change the sliders?"

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyCute on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:35 pm

Thank you both so much for helping me out and informing me that I'm not the first person with this confusion.

Of course I had to create a new Makie and there he was; Carlo!

With my Birthday coming up I'm thinking of having a second Makie and Sybil or Ricky come to mind. Who will it be, sweet Sybil or reasonable but cute Ricky?! Still have some time to think about it:)

RickyCute

View user profile http://www.dollsdepartment25.nl/en/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:33 am

I'm glad you were able to be reunited with your virtual Makies. I was honestly surprised when they changed the creator and expected that they would be changing it again soon given the confusion. I guess I was wrong, though.

I hope you can share pictures of Lila with us here!

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:29 pm

Hello, welcome to the Forum!

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the new creator either, especially when they first changed it and it still had a lot of bugs that had to be fixed!

It's not too bad now, once you get used to using it, although having to always click on the advanced mode every time is a pain. Even if you just want to edit one of the Makies you've created, you still have to click on the advanced mode in order to make any changes. You would kind of think that a Makie which you designed using the advanced mode, would just automatically trip the advanced mode setting when you clicked edit.

I don't expect to see any changes, I have a suspicion it's automatically set on basic mode for all the Muggle parents and their Muggle children.

You know how Muggles prefer to trudge along with the rest of the herd, they hate having to think for themselves or make decisions. Can you imagine how upset they'd be with something that actually encouraged their child to think for themselves, and allowed them to create a doll that was actually unique!

.....As opposed to being safely guided by narrow cookie cutter guidelines, to create a rather limited little dolly with a blankly generic little smiling face. Think of the fit those Muggle parents would have if their child created a doll that looked angry or sad, or Gods forbid, had some of the extreme features you were able to create with the classic Makies.... Perish the thought! ;P

Let's face it after all, the majority of the mass market, which MakieLabs needs in order to survive economically, is made up of Muggles. ^_~

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 am

You hit the nail on the head JRyu. I'm still not a fan of the new maker.

Anyway, welcome to the forums RickyCute!

Artful Owl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:48 am

You know, I always forget that oppressive people like that exist. Every time I come into contact with one, it's so jarring because I've conveniently forgotten. I'll be in Target and I'll hear, "oh no, those are girl toys, you don't want one of those" and I'll see, like, a 3-year old boy. And then I can't even look at the parent. I can't even look them in the eye I'm so disgusted.

I need to work on that because I feel like that's the sort of thing that needs to get the side eye.

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top