Room vs Scene vs Just hanging out vs Display

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Room vs Scene vs Just hanging out vs Display

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:03 am

(Not sure if this is the right forum, we don't really have one that's just "General Makies chat" as far as I can see)

How do you "keep" your Makies? Do you have little room-style areas set up for them, or scenes? Do they just sit/stand around your house? Or do you keep them on some kind of display like a shelf or cabinet?

If you have rooms or scenes, did you plan them in advice or just made them as you found the furniture/props?

Right now I have a small living room set up on top of a chest of drawers - basic Ikea furniture, some fake-wood floor tiles down as flooring - but I'm planning on more, because yeah, one Makie is not going to be enough...

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Room vs Scene vs Just hanging out vs Display

Post by MissRead on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:31 am

At the moment mine just 'hang out' on a dresser I have....but hoping to at some stage make them 'proper' accommodation!

Without Challenge There is No Achievement
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:03 pm

My gang live mostly on a work surface in my studio, but I do cart them randomly around the house at times. I have long standing plans to create a shallow hanging shadowbox room for each of them, but I'm in no hurry.

Artful Owl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:12 am

This is a great question! I'm sort of obsessed with "treating them fairly". I have them on a rotation--every night one of them goes into my nightstand, then comes out the next morning and gets sat somewhere in my apartment.

This weekend several Makies went into the bedroom because people were coming over and I didn't want to hit them with the full force of my crew. Terry, Nikki, Allie, Garrak, and Pepper got locked into the bedroom.

Currently, Nikki, Pepper, and Garrak are on my dresser, Steffie and Allie are on the desk, Poppy and Terry are on my cabinet, Lizzie is on my breakfast bar counter, and Theral is in the kitchen. I suppose that I really like to make it look like they're little people who happen to live with me.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Mine have their own room with suitable furniture. But the room does move quite often because of space and easy access.

Me and my sweet Makie Nala say 'Hello' and we wish you a great and happy day! Razz
KimonoKittyCat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:50 am

I'm sort of already planning for my next Makie - I spent quite a while dithering over Tara going "It's too expensive, I don't need a doll... well, maybe I'll get one so I can get back into miniatures and sewing again. But only one".

Which is why I made Tara as an original character, because then she was a stand alone. But the novel I've been pretending to write has two characters who would work done this way. (I say "pretending" because honestly, I've been chipping away for years but somehow I never quite get to the "sit at keyboard on a regular basis." but it's fun.)

So now I'm going "Well, I should set up a reasonable-sized space because when there's a sale next... I may get J and A."

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:09 am

I have several bookshelves in the living room. One houses the MH dolls while the other two have top shelves devoted to the Makies (too keep them out of sticky fingered toddler reach). So that's 5 shelves all set up as rooms with three or four Makies per shelf. I move them about a lot.
I feel like I need MORE space but I don't think there's anywhere else we can really put them. Before we got the third bookshelf I had the triplets on my desk lol, but now they're on a top shelf hanging out.

This is our newest shelf.

And the other one is a much narrower Billy Bookcase. The dolls get moved about, posed, put into silly scenes, it's fun. Husband likes to sneakily pose some of them and wait till I notice lol.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:35 pm

My girls currently live in a bookcase sort of like p_m's second one. They get three cubicals of it and the set up keeps changing. Hehe. But it's not a set display. 

As you may know I have the ikea set for furniture, plus whatever other ramdom doll furniture I have found all over my house and large bin of random Barbies and barbie stuff. Also, I made a bed for them a while back when I only had Sci. I would post pics but I'm in the middle of moving the shelf so it's kinda a mess. Lol. But I'll try and post pics once it's fully moved.  Smile

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty-kat on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:03 pm

I would like having the hang round, because I just get a bit carried away with rooms. I used to beg my mum to let me keep boxes, but she'd make me throw most of them out  Neutral. But once we moved I got new bookshelves and so now I have one dedicated to makies  Smile

Name:Made real on:
Kitty4/7/14
Katthrine 7/12/14
Robin4/9/15
Haru4/9/15

Check out the gang at: mymakies:kitty-kat
Kitty-kat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:23 pm

They have a shelf to live on in my bookcase, with an IKEA Huset and some other bits and pieces I've accumulated from dolls over the years.

-----
I like to sew things.
http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/
Chove

View user profile http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 am

I don't even have my first Makie yet but I'm mentally planning some space on one of the shelves in my craft room for her to share with like-sized dolls. (and more Makies as I get the funds to order them.) I've already warned my husband that they are like potato chips (crisps?) and you can't just have one.

ForestGreen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:39 pm

ForestGreen: Yes that is the perfect analogy! I'm already planning which one i should get for my birthday! (and that's not till late fall!)  Smile

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Love the kitchen, who is it made by?

Without Challenge There is No Achievement
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty-kat on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 pm

It's just a wilko's own playset, it is quite cheap and plasticy, but is great for makies! I think I saw it on another post somewhere...

Name:Made real on:
Kitty4/7/14
Katthrine 7/12/14
Robin4/9/15
Haru4/9/15

Check out the gang at: mymakies:kitty-kat
Kitty-kat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:09 am

I love that wilkos kitchen, what I like it that it's NOT pink. I appreciate non pinkness in my doll accessories. barbie stuff these days is just nightmarishly pink and pastel and unrealistic, it bothers me a great deal.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:52 am

Talia is chilling with Danboard, and my Poppets on my dresser while I research stuff for her.

Follow me on Instagram @tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top