A makie personality?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A makie personality?

Post by Miss Heny on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Curious, how does ya'll makie personality, life style choice etc come to be? Is it because it some you or what?
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A makie personality?

Post by jupiternames on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Interesting question! Most of my Makies are based on my rats, so each girl is like one of the rats I've had. As an example, Steffie as a rat was agreeable and sweet and liked my vet, so Makie Steffie is sweet and gets along with the other Makies and hopes to become a vet. Or Pepper. She's based on a rat I had who passed away in her spay surgery, so Pepper Makie has a young personality since I never got to see "old Pepper" and can't really imagine what that would be like.

The ones who aren't based on rats are:
1) a non-player character made for my campaign of Edge of the Empire RPG (Theral)
2) Allie by Jealiebean
3) Garrak by Jealiebean

Allie and Garrak were more difficult to "figure out". I sort of put stuff on them (clothes, wigs, makeup) and tried to gauge how right it looks. Or how happy I think they look. I'll use Allie as an example because I "know" her better. I've come to find out that Allie is bookish and sort of librarian-meets-romantigoth. I tried some of the Makie Lab clothing on her before I bought her something for herself. The lab clothing (penguin top, mushroom-print skirt) didn't really suit her serious expression. But once I got her black sweater and letters-print skirt, it looked just right. I found her an ankh necklace so she could pretend to be Neil Gaiman's Death and bought her the lab's black cowboy boots for giftmas. Now I'm working on a warm-weather outfit for her.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Mine kinda... just march into my head lol. Much like rp characters really.

The exceptions to that are the ones I didn't design myself (John, Vicky, August, Ig and Juniper) and the ones based on existing rp characters of mine (Harris)

Harris is the doll form of one of my rp characters, who in himself is based on a "we're bored standing in this queue" conversation husband and I had in Paris lol. We started chatting about ridiculous super powers and how nobody in universes where everyone had powers ever ended up with really dumb powers like detonating pigeons or turning things orange.
From this our twisted mutant universe was born, including the unfortunately named Harris Tweed who's super power was the fact he seemed to live inside a musical (everyone sings about everything, all the time and has a song and dance number to accompany it... inexplicably). Because my mind is a horrible place of course, I couldn't see someone living that every day would be too happy about it so Harris became this reclusive socially anxious individual who generally wanted to hate everyone and everything.
His Makie is just as moody, just as reclusive and just as anxious around others. poor guy.

The ones who I didn't design I waited till they arrived, dressed them up and then their personalities just started to shine through.

John was sorta set before he arrived because husband commented that he looked very much like John Constantine (from the comic Hellblazer) and once he was put into a trench coat, it all fell into place.

Vicky looked so sullen and moody, particularly once I gave her John's original wig. She struck me as a bit of a cow hahaha.

August's face was SO happy when he arrived, like... omg SO cheerful. He quickly made it clear he was going to fill my desire to have a mad scientist makie (because SCIENCE! hahaha) and looks so good in a lab coat.
The reason why Ig came to live with us (aside from the fact he's stinkin adorable) was because August was listed on Amazon as "2 in stock" which brought up jokes about him having a twin. When that didn't end up being the case, I felt the need to make it right and Ig had such a cute sad little face, I knew I needed him and it all made sense.
but I still felt the NEED to have the proper "twin" for August, so I made Cass by eyeballing my doll.
The three of them, it all fell into place. August was the crazy optimistic mad chemist/biologist with his minions and monstrosoties. Ig was the long suffering sibling who was sick of everything blowing up all the time, and Cass was the mad engineer. Turns out he's a lot less crazy than August, but he's still an engineer and i'm sure given the chance would create some pretty nutty things.

but yeah, with most of mine, their personality and story etc comes to me much like my rp characters. I don't know where it comes from, but as I start to look at and think about the character/doll, they "tell" me things and it snowballs. Sometimes they tell me things I didn't expect, sometimes they tell me things I didn't want to know (I'm looking at YOU Jay!) and other times they just end up going in a direction I wasn't expecting. Would you believe it Heny, Jarral (an rp character you've met) started out as an npc messanger who was frightfully polite and good natured and not in the least bit creepy and self centred hahaha.
Oops?

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:41 pm

...I call BS on that monk, 100% BS XD
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lace on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:14 pm

I guess my boy Devon is in a lot of ways the kind of person I wish I could be, he's quiet and sweet and just enjoys nature and doesn't have any of the negative stuff that you accumulate through your life..  he's not anxious or sad or irritable, just sees the beauty in everything.
He also gets to be 100% himself at all times without having to worry, without having to even consider that there may be a reason to worry.
Honestly I think maybe I made him because I need that, he makes me smile whenever I see him.
Maybe he's the person I am deep down underneath all the protective layers and bad experiences that have built up over the years.

I'll have to try for something a little more creative with my next makie.
Lace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:08 pm

aww Lace, you're making me tear up man! *huge hugs*

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Might as well add mine since I DID come up with the question ^^;

Silva (who will be posted once I get arm lol) my first makie and only makie real ATM was more of a...test subject that personality built up on her own. She my little sassy alien who'll rather do no house work and boss others around haha.

Now, the two that I have planned to order... They are a wee different.

Eos (https://mymakie.com/makie/M3BT2PK5/ to be made next week) was made for highly different reasons.
First off, she is a mini me, personality traits and all.  I hold plans to have her be my travel companion so I can focus on her instead of having a panic attack study  More or less in time i may be able to reveal parts of me through her and not get as badly punished.
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:13 am

I have a few ideas about what Sage might be like when she arrives but I'm not planning to impose a personality on her. She might like the ideas I have for her or she might have her very own ideas about who she wants to be. I plan to let her choose.
I'll let her tell me what she wants to wear too, within reason of course. I hope she wants to wear crocheted things though, I have some wonderful yarn and thread that I'd love to play with for her.

ForestGreen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ichibidrop on Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Yay! I loved reading everyone's responses!

As for me, I am a writer and I have many OCs. So far I have only one Makie, Maddie, and I designed her to match more or less the image I have of the Maddie in my head. The "personality" for the doll pretty much came with her. One thing that is different though is that the doll Maddie "feels" a bit sweeter than the one in my head, but I think it's just because of the environment. The Maddie in my head has some tough responsibilities and lives in a harsh world, while doll Maddie just chills in my desk. She doesn't have to act tough and doesn't have to impress anyone. I wonder if I got more OCs Makies from her story if it will influence the doll's personality and take away some of that extra sweetness.
ichibidrop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beachball234 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:44 pm

My 4 Makies all are different.
My first, Felicity, is just like me but she is shyer.  I feel like she portrays the part of me that I try to cover up as I like to come across as confident in myself.
Maddie was my second, I made her on a whim near my birthday and she got ordered immediately.  Through getting to know her she is exactly like a replica of my personality but she doesn't look like me, unlike Felicity whom i made through looking at pictures of myself.
Patrick was make no 3 and i made him because I wanted a boy to add some drama, he wasnt my first online model of a boy but when i saw his smirk, i had to make him real!
Lastly Jasmine Freya, or Jaz for short.  She is a mfy but I feel like she was meant for me.  I get gifts for completing music exams and she was the present for grade 8 singing! I fell in love with her in selfridges and bought her on the spot.  My mum wasn't too pleased but she wanted me to be happy.  she is fun loving and it seems that she and maddie are almost twins! jazz is shy and peaceful and her and maddie are the babies but they all are kids, none are teenargery even if I am.  
I guess each makie represents a part of me, the girls being the child part of me and patrick representing the future. x
Beachball234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:08 pm

My two girls, Becky and Sci are very different and their personalities come as i go.  Smile AT first Sci was in my mind going to be some sort of purple-haired science-y geek..... but as soon as she moved in she revealed to me that she does not appreciate science much at all. And Becky was the limited edition Rebecca, who enjoys the name Becky much more! lol! I had no idea about her personality when she came home so she then revealed that she is an artist! 

And since Makies are a very slippery slope, I already have a personality worked out for my next Makie, (Kitty) she is an aerial silks performer and enjoys heights (waaaay more than i do might i add). I hope i can order her soon if i can scrape together some cash lol. Smile

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alylynn on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:06 am

For my makie I just imagined the perfect companion, with fears and goals different than your other makies ,or you, so they make a good team.
Alylynn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top