The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

Post by jupiternames on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:39 pm

I held off on ordering the hands, but for some reason seeing those pages that nattherat posted really comforted me. I guess it makes me think that there will be some hands in the store.

I REALLY want some hands of holding for my to-dye Makies and I'd like some in cocoa too. I'd be up for doing some hand-swapping or hand selling, depending on what people are looking for. I'm probably going to spend more money on hands than is reasonable.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:40 pm

And, le sigh, I've ordered three more Makies. Somebody needs to stage an intervention. Or a party. But don't invite my bank card.

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:45 pm

haha Um.....save the money to spoil the makies you have now? XD
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:31 pm

ForestGreen wrote:Monday, Jen commented on a post on the Makies Facebook group about the bits and parts section of the store.
"So, we hid the Bits and Parts category deliberately. We didn't delete it (obvs), so if you go hunting you'll find it, but we'd rather nobody ordered that stuff for logistical reasons."

The feet are still in the Everything category so they're fair game right now, but the hand packs and eyes are not. Jen has said that they are counting up stock of the hand packs and will offer them up for sale when they have the logistics figured out so I figured I'd be polite and wait for her to let us know when they are ready for us. i want to wait to order the feet and shoes until I can also order the hands so I can qualify for the free shipping to the US.

Ah, I'm not familiar with that because I don't have a Facebook and I can't see anything posted there - pretty annoying since I can't keep up with news enough, but not even the end of the world would get me back on to FB haha.
I didn't realise they would prefer nobody order from the section. Sad
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 am

I understand. My family has scattered quite a bit but we have our own FB group where we stay updated on what everyone is up to. If not for that I may have given it up a long time ago. As is, I now have two profiles so I can keep parts of my life just for me.

I'm not sure why they would prefer we not order from that section, but I'll abide by their wishes for now because they provide such lovely dolls for me to obsess over. I filled my cart up with more things I want and I came up with about $250 US. I'm sure they want my money so it's probably a case of needing to figure out the logistics of keeping the things that fit the 3Dp bodies separate from the things that fit the new IM bodies. ....because I think Jen also said that the IM bodies will have pegs that are just a bit different from the 3D printed ones but please don't quote me on that because I've lost the post that she replied to about it.

ForestGreen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:37 am

The order status page says it takes "about a week" to return from printers, so... the countdown begins! (Slowly, because we all jumped on them at once, and there's a Bank Holiday in there)

In preparation for the new arrivals, I'm trying to sort out clothes. It turns out the hardest thing to find is tops - after buying some Bratz Boyz clothes I have jeans coming out of my ears, but the tops are fewer and further between.

Going to pop into Toys R Us today and see if they have the single Barbie outfits at a reasonable price - judging by people's pictures they should fit, and I need something a bit more girly than jeans and a rugby shirt for one. (Not screaming pink though.)

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 am

in my experience (16 Makies in this house lol) it takes almost exactly 14 days from the point of ordering, to the point of shipping out. Fastest i've ever had is 13 days, slowest about 16 days. So the "2 weeks" quoted is about right most times even when they're super busy.

So that means i'm expecting my first two ordered on the 21st on the 4th or 5th, so next week.
I believe my estimated date was next saturday. I assume they'll dispatch thurs/friday.

I've noticed it always takes more than a week to come back from the printers, it's more like about 10 days.

My third one went to print today (unexpected given it's a bank holiday monday) so expecting him to show up about the 12-14th.

I think the new courier may actually deliver on weekends which is nice. The old one didn't always, it was a bit of a gamble if they would and most of the time you'd be waiting till monday if they dispatched on friday. Hopefully the new guys will actually deliver on saturdays now. Waiting over the weekend was such agony heh.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ichibidrop on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:55 am

My two girls also went to print today! Very Happy I can hardly wait to see them! Hope the makie lab takes one big group shot picture for their Instagram before shipping them off.
Which btw, when I ordered Maddie it took almost a full week including the weekend for her to arrive T.T waiting is agonizing and it doesn't help I keep checking the tracking number every few hours... But I can't help it.
ichibidrop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:04 pm

My order went to print also! looks like we are going to have batch mates monk and ichibidrop haha.
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm

I hope they do deliver on weekends, because I'm at work office hours during the week, so it's a bugger to arrange otherwise.

And sadly, Toys R Us was a bust on clothes. Aisles of pink. I'm going to take my luck at Argos - if they give me the one I want, it's going on a Makie, if not, it's going in the cupboard for the giving tree at Christmas. (It's September tomorrow. How are we this far into the year?)

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littleplaces on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:50 pm

My ice frosting girl went to print this morning, too! I wasn't expecting the notification til tomorrow (kinda wanted to throw in a last-minute order of the handy hands set, but oh well...). Still very excited ^3^
littleplaces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:15 pm

What outfit were you looking for Indigo?

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Both my orders went to print this morning. Whew! Things are about to get crowded at my place. I'm starting to get really excited.

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:53 pm

I'm excited for Morel too. The next couple of weeks are going to be busy with everyone's new arrivals. How many total did you order jupiternames? All white?

Artful Owl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:01 am

Oh man, I ordered seven of them! Five of those are white. /hangs head There were at least two more I wanted, but I'm starting to think about hands. Got to save money (hah!) for hands.

Such fund. Very spend. Wow.

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:18 am

Purple_Monkfish wrote:What outfit were you looking for Indigo?

I didn't have a specific outfit in mind, more a "I'll know it when I see it", and much of what I found was either too "sparkly evening wear" or too Barbie Pink to work. I just found this floral dress on ebay so I'm hoping that fits. (Still pink, but more just floral than Barbie.)

I need to sit down to some sewing. I did some test sewing last night - modifying the T-shirt so it opens at the back rather than me having to take Tara's head off to dress her.

Annoyingly, I remember when there were Liv dolls _everywhere_, a fiver a piece, shops couldn't get rid of them. Now they're all rare and hard to find on eBay.

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:44 am

Gosh I am just CONSTANTLY checking my tracking page. XD I'm so eager for my makie to arrive!
I also realised that this tea set is still available in the shop, which I didn't know because it's only in "everything", not in one of the categories. I wish I'd seen it back when I placed my order! I'd love a tea set that's perfectly sized to them. I considered buying another wig so I can justify ordering it, but I have to put my foot down to myself and say no. XDDD

@jupiternames Oh my gosh, so many! Do take big group photos! Very Happy

@IndigoAndAsh I'm disappointed I missed out on Liv dolls! I only recently got back into play dolls (other than special occasions like Disney store dolls, because I love the face sculpts and characters so much), and through toy review blogs have discovered so many interesting lines out there, almost all of which are discontinued. I'd love a Moxie Teen (I think that's the name) for the same reason. A highly articulated play doll with inset eyes appeals to me a lot. I hope the MC2 line becomes affordable enough in the UK to pick up one of them at some point, though I haven't decided which yet because I'm not immediately in love with the face sculpts.

I make stuff!
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Lol Nat, it's a cute set right? I have loads of dolly scale teacups and such already though, so could never justify it even if that tea pot is darling.

Aww Liv, I spot them a lot in charity shops actually but usually nude and wigless. they make amazing body donors, they had great articulation and really good outfits. Also their shoes fit Sindy dolls as do their outfits so they were excellent ways to get modern fashions for my old pre 80s Sindys hah.
I used to have an army of them, never was that keen on their face sculpt but their fashions and articulation was SO worth it. I've since put soooo many other doll heads on the bodies, my newest barbie in fact got a liv body. Her static body was so pathetic, it had to go in the trash pile. Ew static bodies, what is this, 1980? Laaaaame. I hate static bodies, hate hate hate them.

Moxie Teenz were beautiful, their biggest problem though was being an odd size they had NO fashion packs. MGA only released like 3 in the UK, a pj set, an ugly pink dress and a swimsuit. Uh... what? So they had no fashion options, very few wig options and were stupid expensive. (they were £25)
But oh so pretty. I bought my first the same time I got into Monster high, same day both launched in the UK hah. I got my second on a trip in Cornwall after I had a hissy fit due to some family stuff and stormed off and refused to participate in any more of their family fun day rubbish argh. I was in a pretty awful state, but in my defence I WAS doped up to the eyeballs on hormones and was a wee bit crazy. Husband bought me a dolly to cheer me up and took me out to dinner lol. Good man.

I have two MC2, they are too expensive. £25 is silly money. The science experiments add very little and only two are actually in scale with the doll anyway and none of them come with the bits to DO the experiment, just the container to put it in which I think is super lame. Who the heck has effervescent tablets at home? what even IS that? (husband thinks they mean antiacids but who the hell just happens to have those laying about?)
One thing I will say about them, though they have lovely eyes and well done outfits, their bodies are strangely lightweight and their articulation is a bit... flimsy. I have one with an iffy elbow, it just flops uselessly. Their stands are also useless flimsy pieces of crud.
But they are pretty and they have nicely made outfits... so yeaaah. I'll pick up the other two when they go down to like £16 heh.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:41 pm

We have received your order from our printers and are busy getting your Makie ready to send to you.- YESSSSS

hopefully it'll only take them a few days to get them ready to ship out heh. This is the agonising bit, waiting for the dispatch notice.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Ahhhh same! Our makies are getting prepared together. XDDD
So excited haha. While I don't really have suitable clothes for the new one, I do have eyelashes, eyes, and shoes set aside for him. Perhaps I should sculpt the horns he needs while I wait.

I agree on the MC2 prices. But at the same time, I'm very very stingy with money unless the product is highly unique like makies. So I'd rather wait until they dip below £10 if I'm honest (especially with what I've seen/heard about the flimsy bodies) - though I imagine I'll be waiting quite some time.
I kind of want to grab a Novi Star at some point for the uniqueness (not for the articulation haha, since there's barely any to speak of), but I'm just not quite in love with any of the remaining ones apart from Doe A Deer, and... keeping the flocking clean, hmm...
Something I really can't wait to come down to my price range though: The double-jointed larger Monster Highs. I'm not sold on Gooliope (just a colour scheme thing, I don't care for the intense pink), but as soon as Clawdeen happens: YES GIVE IT HERE. (Is Draculaura being released as a double-jointed doll? I forget, and if she is I might get her over Clawdeen, not sure yet)

I make stuff!
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:14 pm

I have to admit, I'm really tempted by the Moxie Teenz. Just where they're bigger they would be easier to sew for. (On the other hand, they're bigger, and I'm just getting set up for 1/6 scale!) There are a few that show up on eBay at almost reasonable prices.

Checking my order page, my makies are back from the printer and being assembled. I also got a shipping notification on the shoes, though it only partly makes sense: "You can track your shipment at this website, quoting your tracking number Royal Mail : http://www.fedex.com/track." So hopefully that's on its way.

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Well Doe is £6 in the entertainer heh.
They look awesome hybrided onto mh bodies or something, but it takes a bit of modification of the neck hole.

I think there's a giant Draculaura yeah.

Gooliope I really love, she's bubblegum pink and it makes me laugh. It's appropriate for a blob girl so at least her pinkness makes SENSE this time. Mattel usually just randomly pinkify a monster for no reason other than "girls have to have pink things". A genie? vampire? there's a pink dragon too. and a pink werecat. A pink skeletal moth? How does any of that make any sense? At least the blob WAS pink, it's about the only random pink monster i'll accept as having to be that colour and not being a "pinkrifice" (that is, a doll made pink to appease some sort of quota Mattel have)
Luna's pinkness still bugs the hell out of me, I nearly didn't get her because her pinkness angered me so much. Same with Gigi, no reason to be pink, just lazy stereotyping. Though I admit, the pink vampires make me laugh because I love to imagine vampires from other universes suddenly finding themselves in the MH universe and being all "wait.. why am I ... PINK???"
it cracks me up.

Those giant dolls are gonna be great for customs though, the articulation is great and they're a really hefty size. The heads are MASSIVE.

But oo ooo sculpting horns! you must give us all some details on that. I've been toying with the idea but not sure how i'd affix them to the head. Magnets? a string? on a headband?

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Magnets are definitely a temptation, and I do have strong enough ones lying around technically, because I use them for things like cosplay (they're good for affixing things to a costume without using velcro or pins or otherwise marking the fabric, it's how I attach commbadges).
But magnets are also a kind of dangerous thing to have around, since they can damage electronics. On my cosplay seems fairly fine, cosplay is only worn in specific instances and I'm not really near many electronics. The strength I'd need to use to keep them on Makies (to attract through the wig and the skullcap) though would make me hesitate to have the makies near anything.

So I'm undecided on the method of attachment! I may even permanently attach them to the wig instead (via lots of stitching perhaps?), because this particular character doesn't ever change his hair. So it's okay if his horns/wig are a very permanent thing. I'll keep thinking about it though. 

I agree on Gooliope's colouring! It's just that it's not for me. I'm not keen on how it looks with the hair, because the tonal balance isn't very pleasing to me. If she'd been paler, or her hair had been darker, so that there was more contrast between her skin and her hair, I'd be all over her. As it is though, I don't want her quite enough to go through the process of rerooting.

I have noticed that cheap Doe ;D I'm definitely thinking about it, but I'd really need some more commissions to come in before I can justify even more money spent!

I make stuff!
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:35 pm

she'd look amazing with darker hair. her hair is pretty meh tbh.

I was considering something like the way you attach horns for human costumes, on a sort of string that hides into the hair. You could probably stitch that into place on the wig too for extra security. Mmm... I shall dig out some crafting supplies and have a play. I love the idea of horned makies and was going to do them for Sa'dii then chickened out.
I still have a naga tail to sculpt too, for a mh doll. I just... can't be bothered lol. I'm terrible.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:33 am

Wow, I'm doing horns too! One of my incoming Makies is going to be a Devaronian, so he will also be bald. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to make that happen.

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top