The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

Post by Miss Heny on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:56 am

...I feel so bland with my ideas for these guys I am getting now reading this ;-;. But good luck none the less!
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:31 am

Answering the original question, my bank account probably hates me by now.
At the beginning of summer, I ordered my first Makie based off of a character I made-up a long while ago. Then a story started to form from there and she now has a brother and a lover on the way.
Then I really wanted to make a pure white Makie, and figured "Oh, I will just play around with this for a bit and see if anything doesn't suck". Now she is ordered as well (based off of a villain-turned-hero in my story).
And my younger brother of course plays around with my first Makie doll (and fell in love with it), so now one is ordered for him as well.
So I have a total of 4 Makies on the way, each ordered two days apart from one another. Gah I wish I could just message the Makies People and say "hey, send all of them at once" so I didn't have to worry about signing for each one. Ordering things online kind of stresses me out a bit. Shocked

Edit: Now another one for my sister, so 5...bounce

Last edited by sigsi on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
sigsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:39 am

Miss Heny wrote:...I feel so bland with my ideas for these guys I am getting now reading this ;-;. But good luck none the less!

No!! You're not bland at all! It will be interesting to see what you do with them.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:08 am

Haha, I don't have horns planned eye changing really sadly ;-; just basic painting.
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Basic painting is awesome too! Very Happy It's going to be amazing to watch everyone's new makies become their own.

I decided to start my horns today like I said, but I opened up my epoxy to discover that it's near the end of it's life I think, which saddens me (I'd heard you could store it for a year or two, I've had it less than half a year, and it's hardening through).
So instead of just making one pair of horns...

I started work on a whole bunch of makie accessories! In total, there are 8 pairs of horns, 4 tails, and three pairs of animal ears.
Now I'm just waiting for them to cure, so I can sand them then afterwards paint them! If they turn out good, I might make a thread in the shop part of the forum? It'd be nice if my misfortune with my art materials running out could actually benefit others lmao.

I didn't use all my epoxy, so I might make some more stuff a little later. I feel compelled to at least, because that stuff wasn't cheap! ^^;
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Oh fantastic! My epoxy did that as well, it doesn't seem to last as long once you open it, even if you reseal it. *sigh* annoying. I tend to go through it fairly fast though as i'm like "well, I have it... I may as well use it" heh.

But hey, if you end up with spare horns I might be interested. Just gotta work out how to attach them. Saves me having to sculpt em heh. I have some antlers somewhere but I think I lost one of them and they're for a MH doll that i'm slacking off on actually starting. Oops?

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 pm

I ordered some new magnets in that are TINY, but should hopefully still hold the weight of these (as I'm sure you'll know, epooxy is surprisingly light once it's cured). I'm thinking/hoping that with magnets these small, they won't really pose a danger to anything else, I think they might be ever so slightly stronger versions of magnets commonly used in jewelry. We'll see soon enough, the supplier I get them from is super fast so I'll have them within the week I imagine!

If it turns out they're no good, then I can attach string no problem.

Sorry to hear your epoxy suffers the same fate. D: I had no idea it happened, I'm kind of disappointed. 

I do fancy trying some antlers, but I think I'll need some wire for that, to make sure the epoxy doesn't lose shape with how thin it would be. I haven't got any around currently, but I am intending on cycling to Hobbycraft some point soon-ish so I may get some then.

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ichibidrop on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:48 pm

I had a horrible dream that my Makies arrived but were all wrong! The wigs were off and so was the skin tone and the heads were small and deformed >.< I was like oh hell no! I need to contact the lab! Lol
ichibidrop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Haha oh no! XD
I'm not sure I can imagine what a small makie head would look like - their whole design fits the large heads so much!

Though... if a 1/6th size head to match the 1/6th size body ever came out... well, I think I'd want at least one!

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ichibidrop on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Lol I think what disturbed me the most was not the smaller heads themselves (though they did throw me off), but the fact that they were all deformed and grotesque! I need to stop looking up makie stuff before going to bed >.<
ichibidrop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:47 am

I'm having one of those weeks at work where I swear, the thing keeping me sensible is "You can't knit in prison". So when my Makies arrive I'll consider it a nice reward for having remained calm under everyone being total idiots who couldn't file if you sewed letters on their heads pressure.

So I'm currently knitting small blankets. Pretty much just playing with linen stitch to see what kind of colours come out, I think I'll just do a whole bunch and give away the ones that don't work for my plans. I'm not sure my Makies need blankets when they don't have beds, but eh.

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 am

Dispatch notice! WHHHOOOO!

https://www.fedexuk.net/accounts/track.aspx try this if you're having trouble with the fed ex tracking linked in your email, it seems to work better.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Ahhhhh, mine too! SO EXCITTEEDD!

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm so excited for you two! Was that faster than normal? Or maybe I've just been under a rock.

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:37 pm

bounce dispatch dance. Mine hasn't yet, but I did find some second hand scarves I hope she will approve of for crafting some clothing.

Artful Owl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:52 pm

I think it was the usual kind of time? But I always ask for mine to be sent blank, and with no wig glue, so there's only really the dyeing and packaging for the labs to do I think. No face-ups. That might mean mine get sent out a little bit faster than usual perhaps?

Either way, I'm very excited. XD I recently touched up both my makies faceups, and did some face-carving on one of them, so they're spruced up ready to meet the new arrival.

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:50 pm

It's about standard. I think 14 days exactly would be Friday, so dispatching today makes sense for them to be here in "2 weeks". They usually take about 10 days at the printer and either dispatch the day they arrive back at the lab, or the day after (as in this case, I was kinda hoping they'd be a day early but ho hum).
I live in London so they don't have far to go, but it's always "next day" delivery anyway regardless of where in the UK you are. So if they're picked up this evening (fingers crossed) they should be with us tomorrow at some point before like 6pm lol.
I'm not actually sure how late fedex deliver till, this is my first delivery from them.

But the way my previous orders have worked, it's been about 10 days at the printer and then 24 hours after arriving back at the lab before they "dispatch". after the notice is sent they usually sit around the lab for the rest of the day till a truck picks them up between 5 and 6 and takes them back to the depot in Heathrow.
I should look up where Fedex's depot is though, because DHL's was literally less than 2 miles away, sometimes I was tempted to walk it. I used to be first on their delivery rota too, but then they changed it so I was like last which annoyed me. I was like "noooo" and the driver was very apologetic. I liked being first, it meant within about 20 minutes of finally going "out for delivery" the truck would appear. Though it could take all day to go out for delivery -_-

In this case, I think they're working through them and plugging the request into the system as and when they get them into their tubes. Meaning the whole batch should be about ready to ship out when the truck arrives to pick them up. Any they don't finish, will dispatch tomorrow. Must have been a busy busy day, I suspect there's a ridiculous number of Makies to finish off. Mine didn't need a faceup or their wig glued so they'd have been nice easy "shove in tube and go" ones hahah. Hopefully that means they'll get here tomorrow, i'm really really eager to get a hold of them and dye them bwha.

Husband managed to find vinegar, I tried 4 supermarkets with no luck but he tracked some down. Who'd have thought white vinegar would be so hard to find!
Didn't find a cheap pot though, so i'll just use the scungiest one I can find in the cupboard lol. We have a lot of pots, i'm sure we can spare one 10 year old one to a just cause.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:54 pm

I just did no wig haha allows the face up to go on >->
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Oooo, the dye bus is coming our way!

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:01 pm

My two are out for shipping! The FedEx tracking number states it cannot be found, but it worked fine earlier this afternoon so I'm not too concerned. My housemate is at home tomorrow so I should have the two of them waiting for me when I get in from work.

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:18 pm

yeah my tracking doesn't work either, only works using the link I posted and it only says "tracking" which is like.. the most useless thing ever.
Fedex when I contacted them said my number is not the tracking number or some rubbish, apparently tracking has 12 digits and my number only has 11 so I dunno. Confused.

I suppose it'll show up when it shows up.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:41 pm

I notice lots of people have some arriving tomorrow over on instagram too, so I'm looking forward to the flood in the makies tag. Very Happy

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:44 pm

I realised right after I posted that that for unknown reasons, the tracking link was now taking me to the US site instead of UK. When I put it into the UK site it worked fine. My tracking number has 11 digits too.

21:57: Items Tracked. C Regional Hub. I don't know where that is but I'm pleased about it anyway!

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:20 pm

Mine too, regional hub.

Man, I miss DHL's tracking. It actually told me WHERE my dolls where (usually Heathrow depot, chilling out haha) but goodness knows where they are today. Were in East London I think (Beckton?) and now they're ... somewhere. Gonna have to assume it's still somewhere in London, the other side of london, miles away. Hope they have smaller pick up points where it'll head off to this evening. Something closer...

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:33 am

My two got shipped out today. It looks like they left Stansted a few hours ago. They are estimating delivery by tomorrow at noon. That's faster than Sage was delivered.

ForestGreen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top