wig keep slipping off? Solution!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wig keep slipping off? Solution!

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:51 pm

From Sulka:

Is your Makie's wig misbehaving? Want an almost free solution to making the wig stay put, or a way to glue a wig in place without ruining the skull cap?

Here's how to do that: find a mid size balloon. Take scissors and cut the hole where you usually blow air into off. Take off the skull cap, put the balloon on as a fancy swimming cap. Put skull cap back on and place the wig. Tada, instant friction!

Alternatively of course, you can use tacky glue to attach your wig. But for those looking for a solution that allows them to change the wigs on a semi regular basis, balloons! horah!
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: wig keep slipping off? Solution!

Post by MissRead on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:24 pm

This works well....I couldn't find a white balloon, but did choose the lightest colour which is yellow, but you can't see it and the wig feels nice and stable now Smile

Without Challenge There is No Achievement
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 am

That's a very clever idea purple_monkfish. Smile

Plus, balloons are probably quite a bit cheaper than those silicon caps they have for sale to use on BJDs and other dolls.

They are also thinner than the silicon caps, and so would work better if you had a very snug fitting wig that you were trying to keep on your doll. ^_^

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustine715 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:29 am

you can buy a new one

www.ewigsde.com

Augustine715

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:52 am

So far I've been using this method and it has worked wonderfully. But now I started wondering...how are silicone caps in comparison to this method? Pros/cons?

To be who you want to be and generally happy, is better than to be who you're not while living in mental pain.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Digital Makies
sigsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 am

I'm about to go do this I love you

Follow me on Instagram @tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladium97 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:40 am

Not directly related - sorry if wrong thread!! but does anyone have any tips on what to use to keep the hair in place style-wise? Any products which can be used without causing damage?

Palladium97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Palladium97. ^_^

My first suggestion would be to to do an Internet search for: "Products for styling Kanlon wigs", and if that doesn't give you the info you need then I would try emailing some of the companies that make and sell the Kanlon doll wigs. Ask them if there are any products that they would recommend for use in styling the doll wigs, and for helping to hold the style. Smile

Another option, would be to go to a local wig shop, or a styling salon that also styles wigs for people. Take the wig with you, and explain that it is a Doll wig made from Kanlon, and that you would like to know what styling products would be safe to use on it. They probably will be able to tell you, because I suspect that a fair number of human synthetic wigs are made from Kanlon as well.

Hope this is helpful. ^_^

Oh, there is also a product that you can purchase online from the Volks USA store, or Volks International store if you live outside the United States, I think it's called Water Wax. It's what Volks uses and recommends for styling Super Dollfie BJD and Dollfie Dream wigs. However, if I remember correctly, it is a bit pricey. Plus, that's for an itty bitty little jar of it. The good news is it doesn't take much to style a wig, just a small dab or two. Also, when the jar is finally empty, you can wash it out and use it for a doll prop. ^_~ (Yep, it's that tiny!) Very Happy

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:50 pm

One thing worth noting is that only some of the wigs are kanekalon. I would suggest finding the name of the wig in the Makies shop, and them asking support what it's made from unless it's one of the ones that actually mentions being made from kanekalon.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top