Re: Four times the trouble!

Post by Miss Heny on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:38 am

I love crows, but sadly they will try to snag chicks :/
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:47 am

Geese are just flat out evil. canadian geese not so much, they seem to be startlingly placid and polite (lol) but general regular ol' geese? Evil.
It's like black swans are far more aggressive than white ones. White ones are still jerks, but the black ones do this whole "i'm huge, screw you" thing where they sloooowly advance with their neck stretched out and wings out hissing. When you're a kid, swans are like "i'm bigger than you! Gimmie all that bread"
Man, i remember being mugged for bread many a time by swans and geese.

We went on a picnic several years ago and ended up mobbed by geese, there were, i'm not even joking, like 40 of them surrounding our picnic table. My Nana was beating them off with her cane lol.

And this is one of the things that always annoys me when people claim feathered dinosaurs "couldn't be scary". Dude, they'd be totally scary, have you encountered geese? Or swans? or angry turkeys? Or like.. emus? Birds will mess you up man.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Haha yea those were black swans on my near attack (they where also sitting on a nest when I walked by SO)

I never ran into any Canadian geese, but the American versions from my understanding can be really devious haha.
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Welp, time for a photo update!

Looks been changed slightly to alot in my gang so here we go!

Silva as one can tell got a severe look update, having that scrap of fabric laying around I got bored...and Well this is what came to be! She is still armless and will permanently stay armless as it adds character for her.

Seth my dear child chose purple was more this thing and gave his wig to Lorena (Who is declaring she is changing name *facepalm* )

Alba chose to steal Seth shoes but prefers to hang out with Lorena more ^.-
Miss Heny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:45 am

jupiternames wrote:Yeah. Birds above a certain size should be avoided at all costs. I don't trust roosters, geese, swans, ravens, shoebill, or any of the large birds.

/goes straight to eBay to check for the shirt.

Lol, I'll never forget the day we were at the London Zoo, and two of the big white Pelicans decided to leave their enclosure and take a stroll around the zoo. They didn't look that large inside their enclosure, but once you've got one standing in front of you... Good lord, they're huge! Shocked

There wasn't a keeper in sight, and all I could think of was all the little toddlers that were around, and not knowing how aggressive the Pelicans might be.

So my friend and I ran over to try to intercept them and keep them near their enclosure until a keeper could arrive. Also to keep any of the little kids, who might run up to try to pet or play with the big birdies, from getting too close. Smile

My friend who isn't very tall, about 5'3", was pretty much eyeball to eyeball with her pelican, in a sort of Mexican standoff near the enclosure. Shocked Lol! Good thing she's a pretty tough cookie. Wink

Meanwhile, my fellow, who saw me headed in his direction, tried to pass himself off as just another zoo visitor nonchalantly making his way up the hill to the fish and chips stand. Laughing

Luckily, I just managed to head him off. Fortunately, just before he decided to call my bluff, I'm only 5'5" myself, two big keepers arrived and got both pelicans back in their enclosure. *Whew!*

An exciting day at the zoo! Very Happy

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top