Shoes Keep Falling Off?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shoes Keep Falling Off?

Post by sigsi on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:02 pm

I noticed in my last batch of dolls that the black slip-ons keep falling off. I was really wanting black slip ons for my first doll (she came with those red sneakers a while back), but now they slip off of her.
I don't really want to have her wear socks if I can avoid it as she is based off of a specific character. And the sticky tack I have will probably turn her blue.... Shocked
Anyone have any other suggestions?
sigsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shoes Keep Falling Off?

Post by Tesa on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:23 pm

I have that problem too. Aya's shoes are always falling off her feet, but they fit Jonah just fine. I haven't tried anything to prevent that yet though.
Tesa

View user profile https://mymakie.com/people/tesa/

Back to top Go down

Post by ichibidrop on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:38 pm

The right black slipper on my first doll was falling off all the time until it actually went missing :/ Only the right one kept falling. The shoes on the two new girls fit better and actually stay. I really wish i had thought of putting some paper or a little bit of cotton inside the falling shoe to fill in the empty space.
ichibidrop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Having the same problem here. So they've now got a felt insole, and stay on reasonably well (I didn't glue it down or anything, just held it in the shoe while I put her foot in.

IndigoAndAsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:56 pm

I had that same problem too, and not just with the black slip-ons.

My solution was to put just a tiny little ball of blue tack in the heel of the shoes, and they stay on just fine now. ^_^

I've changed their shoes, and while it takes a bit of effort to get all the blue tack residue off, I haven't noticed any color staining yet, but even if the blue tack does stain it will only be a little bit on the bottoms of the feet.

Also, if you search around you can find white colored tack, I even have some for eyes, I just didn't want to go look for it at the time and the blue stuff was handy. ^_^

Plus, there is a substance called Tacky Wax, that a lot of museums and people who collect miniatures use, which would probably work as well. Also, another plus is it's colorless, if you are worried about staining.

Then too, there is also something called eye putty, which is used to hold the eyes in BJDs, it comes in white or flesh (strawberry milk) color. It might work as well, and a lot of BJD companies sell it, as well as many BJD related sellers on eBay. ^_^

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Thanks for the input from everyone Smile
I went up into the craft drawer and found some black felt with one side that was sticky. I cut little ovals out and that ended up working perfectly as all of the slip-on shoes I have are the black slip-ons.

To be who you want to be and generally happy, is better than to be who you're not while living in mental pain.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Digital Makies
sigsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top