New Makie Website

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Makie Website

Post by ozma06 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:08 pm

So if anyone has figured out this new version of the MAKIES webpage, please tell me. Whenever I try to sign in it says: Invalid login or password.
It's REALLY frustrating. Help please!

Arrow Check out my Makies gallery! Very Happy

Kendra study
    Ryan   king
    Sam     Cool
ozma06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Makie Website

Post by Okore on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:57 pm

Check your email. It made me reset my password.

Okore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ozma06 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Okore wrote:Check your email. It made me reset my password.
Thank you!

Kendra study
    Ryan   king
    Sam     Cool
ozma06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lace on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:40 pm

That email looked awful dodgy, isn't that exactly the kind of email you get from people phishing for your password? I came here to check if it was real or not. Would have been better to have the site itself give you that message when you try to log in.
Lace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ozma06 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Lace wrote:That email looked awful dodgy, isn't that exactly the kind of email you get from people phishing for your password? I came here to check if it was real or not. Would have been better to have the site itself give you that message when you try to log in.
I agree, but it seemed to work just fine for me.

Kendra study
    Ryan   king
    Sam     Cool
ozma06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QQKachoo on Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:56 am

Lace, I thought the email looked a little phishy too, TBH, so instead of clicking on the link in the e-mail, I went to the Makies site from my bookmarks and changed my password from there. It doesn't seem to have caused any problems with my password, however I have been experiencing another problem that I wanted to know if anybody else has observed.

Is anybody else having problems viewing their Makies? Every time I go to the "My Account" page, I click on "My Makies" in the sidebar on the left, and I get a "Loading..." notice but none of my Makies appear. I hope this is just momentary glitch from the site update and my Makies aren't gone for good. :^(

QQKachoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret on Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:22 am

QQKachoo wrote:Lace, I thought the email looked a little phishy too, TBH, so instead of clicking on the link in the e-mail, I went to the Makies site from my bookmarks and changed my password from there. It doesn't seem to have caused any problems with my password, however I have been experiencing another problem that I wanted to know if anybody else has observed.

Is anybody else having problems viewing their Makies? Every time I go to the "My Account" page, I click on "My Makies" in the sidebar on the left, and I get a "Loading..." notice but none of my Makies appear. I hope this is just momentary glitch from the site update and my Makies aren't gone for good. :^(
Seems to be working at the moment.

Follow me on Instagram @tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:27 pm

QQKachoo, I'm having the exact same problem, and I used the link in the email.  Sad

What's more, my newly made Makies aren't showing up there either!
scratch

The second one I actually placed in my shopping cart, and she still didn't show up on my "My Makies" page.  However, I was able to add her to that Wishlist page, and she does show up there.  confused

At least she did yesterday, I haven't checked yet today to see if she's still there and still in my cart. Rolling Eyes

If you haven't contacted MakieLabs Customer Support, please let them know that you're having this problem too!   I love you

They might be able to find a common denominator between our accounts that will explain why neither of us can view our Makies, and be able to get it fixed for us faster!  Smile

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:51 am

I have contacted the support and they said since the new site switch-over things are a bit wonky and it will be settled out eventually. Though I am not the happiest customer right now.  Mad I hope they figure this whole situation out soon.

Check out my Makie gallery!

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:30 am

That's good DollYay, I figure the more people that let them know, and the more information we can give them about any problems we are experiencing with the new site the better! ^_^

Yeah, I can't say I'm exactly thrilled right now either. Rolling Eyes   

Not only are all my old Virtual Makies nowhere to be seen, but what is the point of creating any new Makies when they just vanish into thin air as soon as I leave the Makie Maker page!  Neutral

Presumably, the test Makie that I created yesterday has joined the rest of my virtual Makies and they are all floating about together somewhere out there on "The Great Worldwide Web".  At least I hope so.  Even if she was just created quickly as an experiment, I still liked her. Sad

Right now, it seems the only way I can keep any new Makies I create is to place them in my shopping cart and then move them to that new "My Wishlist" page. Rolling Eyes

I wish the folks at Customer Support would at least email me and let me know that they are working on the problem, even if they don't have a solution yet. Neutral

I suspect they are waiting until they have an answer and/or solution for me, but I'd kind of like to know that someone is actually actively working on problem.... A sort of progress report if you will. Rolling Eyes

Of course I did receive that auto response that you always get, but that does little to reassure. pale  

Especially considering I received that same auto response the last time I emailed them with a question too, but I never did receive any response from anyone in Makie customer support. Sad

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:42 am

I have had an idea! Ok, so all this trouble is with the old accounts right? I will try making a NEW account and see how things work with that. After doing this we will be able to determine if it's an old account problem or if it's universal. 

Just hope they get back to me about my support problems. Mad I don't want to loose everything! This is just like when I used to play The Sims franchise and your computer would crash before you could save. Not good times, and this is no different. Arg.

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:57 am

OK! Well I created a NEW account with my spam email and the new accounts work beautifully. All Makies I make show up everything loads etc. SO obviously the problem is the old accounts. AND the under 13 accounts. Arg, tech stuff.  Rolling Eyes

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:21 am

I reset my password via the site, got no email otherwise. No Makies showing up in my account yet it magically linked my email and my username which it wouldn't be able to do unless it was linking to my old account somehow. (how else would it know my username?)
But no Makies. I'm hoping it gets sorted soon, in the meantime means I can't order or do much.
I couldn't use tracking info to check on a Makie ordered before the switch either, tracking just links to the faq page instead.

Bah.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Not your account too, purple_monkfish! Sad

I'm starting to wish they'd just left things alone.....  At least until after the Holidays. Evil or Very Mad

I had my second test Makie in my cart, because that seems to be the only way you can then move them to your "My Wislist" page.  When I put my third test Makie in my cart this morning, the second test Makie disappeared out of the cart!  She was still showing up on my "My Wishlist" page, but apparently there isn't any way to move her back to the cart from the "Wishlist" page. Neutral

Next I tried saving my third test Makie to my "My Wishlist" page.....  Three guesses what happened.  Yep!  When test Makie #3 appeared on the "Wishlist", test Makie #2 had promptly vanished! 0_o

I tried several things, refreshing the page, clicking on the "Update My Wishlist" button, back paging to where #2 was still on my Wishlist and trying to add #3 again.......  Nothing worked.  Meanwhile, all during this experiment, the site would periodically tell me I had nothing on my "Wishlist" page, sometimes even when it was showing one of the test Makies on there! scratch

Then finally, I got a site message that said something like.... 'The product can not be added to your Wishlist at this time, please try again later.', and my Wishlist was empty! Rolling Eyes

Of course, when test Makie #2 disappeared from my cart, I checked to see if she might show up on my "My Makies" page.....but nope.  I even checked again when she disappeared from the Wishlist, and again the answer was no.

Arghh!  This is just sooo incredibly frustrating!
Neutral  Mad scratch Evil or Very Mad bounce Rolling Eyes Sad

Hey MakieLabs!  Haven't you ever heard of that very wise and profound old saying.....  " If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Rolling Eyes

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:11 am

I wish we could all email them and say "please change it back to the old site and we'll all be happy" THE OLD SITE WORKED! And i sent them an email over 2 days ago and no reply still.  Neutral I'm probably just gonna ignore the labs until they can fix this. 

In the meantime i still have to go and do Kitty's faceup! It's almost done and i'll post pics to my gallery thread soon  Smile

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:17 am

I expect they already have a load of "i can't log in" and "where are my makies?" emails. I emailed support about my broken doll but haven't heard back, and usually they're really prompt about that. *sigh* Not particularly impressed.
I'm just gonna wait for the site to be fixed, but it's gonna screw christmas orders if it's not fixed soon. It's taking on average more like 3 weeks rather than 2 to get Makies out, and that's dangerously close to christmas time from now. I mean, in order to feel really comfortable you'll have a makie under the tree, you'd have to order by next week!

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Okore on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:56 pm

I feel bad for them, probably overwhelmed with emails if they're taking much longer than usual to respond to them. Changes like this never seem to go smoothly. Earlier this year, American Girl had a ton of account issues when they re-did their website. And Makie has way less people on their team, I'm sure!

I got a shipping notification for my Deanna this morning, two and a half weeks after I ordered her. So she'll probably get here sometime early next month. I'm really curious if orders are taking longer because they're getting more or them, or if something about the new bodies is slowing them down.

Okore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:40 pm

I was going to buy a makie for a friend as a present, but because of the order times I have to go with something else instead.

It might be to do with them relocating a lot of the business to the US? I don't know if they're totally relocating HQ, or just partially, but it seems like they're undergoing big changes at the moment. It makes sense since most of their orders come from the US and not from the UK. So it's not just that the website has changed appearance alone, they relocated between servers/databases I believe, and their instagram posts do seem to imply that they're busy pushing a presence in their new US office.

I could be wrong of course, I'm just a consumer like everyone else, but that's the impression I've gotten. I imagine it's why support and orders are all taking a long time and/or getting lost in the fold.

Despite the reasons behind it though, I can 100% understand the frustration. The "have your makie within two weeks" thing definitely no longer currently applies, and virtual makies not showing up for people is pretty bad if they want to be able to actually buy them. Sad

I'm lucky in that mine have shown up, I wish I could share that luck around! All I can really suggest is trying different browsers if you're able to! Including trying on a laptop/desktop. Mobile display can mess up so many websites.

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 pm

I've given up on the idea of my makies appearing, they'll fix that eventually. But it's been 2 days and still no response from support so i'm pretty pissed off I have to admit. It doesn't help that i'm not having a great time lifewise right now, so minor things are making me more cranky than they should but damnit, if I don't get a response tomorrow i'm going to bust some heads. -_-

I'm not sure I like them upping and moving things to UScentric. The Us already has so many toy companies and many of them have a sort of "screw you" attitude toward their foreign markets who aren't important because they're just a small drop in the big ol' ocean that is the american toy market. Yeah business-wise it makes sense to chase that but I do hope it doesn't come at the expense of their British values, I hope we still matter enough, being as we are local. I'm kinda fed up of the "usa is the center of universe" rubbish, but so many companies and businesses seem to believe that and it's irksome dealing with their foreign offices who don't give a single toss about you because you're just some foreigner.
Mattel's really bad for it, many of their call center staff have barely veiled disdain for anyone calling their customer service team. 
Sadly right now the only Makie team customer support person I have who's made any attempt to contact me has been their US person, which doesn't bode well. *headdesk* pretty sure their facebook and twitter person is us based given the times they post things, and they reply. Unfortunately they can't do much as it's not their department.

a lot has changed this past year, i'm not totally convinced i'm happy with it all. I love the community though,  you guys rock. Hopefully the lab won't let me down, but man, i'm getting pretty mad the longer I have to wait on a reply. I don't wait patiently, particularly not when i'm in pain and already grumpy.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:06 pm

I totally agree, p_m.

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:19 pm

Bleh, I got told off for complaining.  But 3 days and no reply to my support ticket. Either they're absolutely swamped with "oh no the website isn't working right" tickets or they're avoiding me. Probably the former. Still, it's frustrating and in a way it's a good thing this is a doll for an adult and not a child. Can you imagine trying to explain to a kid for 3 days "no honey, you can't play with your dolly till they fix it"
Yeouch.

I don't do patience well. I keep telling myself "they're just really busy, they're just really busy, they'll fix it, they'll make it right!" but the more time passes the more I go from being "oh no" to "MAD" which isn't good. I don't wanna be mad at the labs, I love the lab. I think they need more customer support staff though, one person seems to do it all and that's really just not enough.

I'm imagining they're already pulling their hair out over whatever's gone wrong with the server change and people's accounts. I'm sure they'll get back to me eventually, I just hope it's some time today and not next week.
I don't much care that my Makies aren't showing up online, because I have faith it's a technical server thing and they'll figure it out, but i'd kinda like my doll not to be broken. You know.. priorities and all that. It makes me sad looking at him.

I'm hopeful once this big upheaval is done with they'll be able  to go back to their usual well oiled machine. something's caused a big blip and I wonder if it's simply a case of "too much change too fast" causing a few big potholes. They had everything down to a fine art, i see no reason they shouldn't be able to go back to that and I hope the road smooths out soon because right now, it's pretty bumpy. But for a small company they're doing pretty good right? It's heartening to see the investment being made, even if it does cause some temporary upheaval.
I'm just cranky getting caught in the building work so to speak. Bleh. I suspect though a lot of my impatience and grumpiness is referred or projected stress from other things. This time of year is awfully hard work for me both physically and mentally and my mental health takes a pretty steep decline around christmas. So do forgive me if i'm a little too negative, the dark and the cold and the stress of the season makes me a bit miserable to be around.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah, there must be some sort of hold up, I haven't had a "gone to the printers" email yet and that's been like a week usually for me it's been faster than that. Oh well, I assume everything will work out in the end.

-----
I like to sew things.
http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/
Chove

View user profile http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Yes, I haven't received anything about my girl either, and even though I ordered her as a guest, my name and email is still associated with the order.

I suspect a lot of their relocation to he U.S. has to do with that Disney mentorship thing they're involved with currently.  

Hopefully, once that is finished the main headquarters and the majority of the MakieLab's staff will return to the U.K. ^_^

I'd hate to see them become "Americanized" as well.....  And I'm technically an American! Laughing

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that this website overhaul and revamp is a direct result of Disney's mentoring too.

I can't really say I'm all that terribly eager to see them become too "Disneytized" either. Rolling Eyes

Purple_monkfish, I hate to say it, but a lot of American toy companies have that same "screw you" attitude towards their American market too, plus a sort of subtle patronizing air along with it....  Which is what really "frosts my cornflakes"!  Grrrr!  Evil or Very Mad  Rolling Eyes

I hope you hear back from the Lab about about your broken boy soon.  I've noticed that Support doesn't seem to like to respond until they can give you some sort of definite solution/resolution to your problem.  

Also, besides being busy with all the new website glitches, a part of their delay may also due to the boys being temporarily out of production right now.  

Since they probably can't currently reprint your boy doll, or possibly even print a replacement part for him, they may not really be sure just what to do, or what to offer you as a solution.

You might try messaging them about your broken boy again. Just tell them that when you didn't hear back, you were afraid that your message about your doll might have gotten lost, what with all the problems they are having to deal with caused by the new website.

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:31 pm

I tweeted them, that usually gets a reply better. I think they chained the poor guy/girl to the desk.

I didn't get a reply, but I did get a really strange email from the lab this afternoon. A dispatch notice.
A duplicated dispatch notice. "good news, your makie has dispatched" and then it gives me the info for my boy and his hearing aids that were part of the order. It then goes on to say "check dhl's email for tracking" but no dhl email so i'm very confused.
I'm assuming it's some sort of error, like they meant to reply but ended up somehow sending me my last order confirmation instead. Because if they were sending me something you'd think they'd email me first to let me know this, not just sneakily post stuff.
So i'm currently assuming it's some odd glitch and i'm gonna ignore it unless I get a DHL email too. weiiiird.

looking at their facebook page, they have a few people asking about missing tracking, because when you click on the "track" link from the lab's confirmation email it redirects to their FAQ, oops?
they must have SO many emails to sift through.maybe switching to a new server just before christmas wasn't the wisest idea heh.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:11 am

I now have a new account with a different email. I think I might have to just give up on my old one. Sad There will be a new link in my signature soon. They still haven't replied to my support question from like 4 days ago. Sad Arg.

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top