Greetings from the United States

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings from the United States

Post by SydneyGrey on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:09 am

Hiya.  I just ordered my first Makie.  I've known about them ever since the company first began, but had never bought one before.  With the recent price drop and free shipping offer to my country this week, I figured now would be a great time to get my first one. 

I was so tempted to order two at once, but I figured I'd better wait before I jumped in to get two.  Boy, it was tempting, though!

I ordered a girl in the medium skin tone, with black eyes and purple hair, and smallish elf ears.  I'll post a screenshot in the Waiting Room.

I've always liked dolls, and pretty much have been wanting a Makie ever since they introduced the cutie face sculpt.
SydneyGrey

View user profile http://dollypanic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from the United States

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:58 am

congrats!
Beware though, it's a slippery slope.
I got my first this time last year, I now have 21 of them ahahaha. Oops?

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:46 am

LOL.  So I can expect to get at least 20 a year from now on?  Awesome.  santa 

I think I would be happy with two or three.  Then again, I said that about buying Funko Pops at one time, and now I have 17.  (Those Harry Potter Funko Pops HAD TO BE MINE!!!)
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:54 pm

haha yeah I was like "yeah three will be fine" and then bam.. 21. in fact you remind me, it's my first one's 1st birthday. I should find my camera.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:27 am

Hello, and Welcome to the forum.  Very Happy

Lol, tis a slippery slope indeed! Wink
I'm up to 25.....or maybe it's 27 now?......
Darn, and I was going to keep track of my Makies, and not lose count! Laughing

Isn't that one of the first signs that you have a serious addiction, when you start losing track? Wink

Good thing I'm another founding member of Makies Anonymous! Very Happy

Lol, in fact the one Makie that I just created and ordered, has somehow suddenly turned into three new Makies coming!  Rolling Eyes

I created and bought a new Cocoa skinned one just so that I could finally check out the new IM body in RL, and also to see if they've managed to get an acceptable color match for Cocoa yet. ^_^

Then all mayhem broke out between the new website and some people's old accounts, specifically all our existing virtual Makies disappearing when we reset our passwords in order to update and move our accounts to the new site. Neutral  

Lol, and I was one of those unlucky ones whose Makies went missing. Rolling Eyes

Well, I kept creating Test Makies to see if they would show up at least, or if there was some way to make them show up, or if I could maybe save them on my Wislist page, etc.  

The trouble was, I kept falling for the test Makies I'd make and didn't really want to risk losing them....so I ended up buying them! Wink  Very Happy

Lol, I'm just slipping farther down that slippery slope......but..... Wheeee!  What a fun ride! cheers
Laughing Wink

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:21 am

JRyu wrote: Lol, in fact the one Makie that I just created and ordered, has somehow suddenly turned into three new Makies coming!  Rolling Eyes
Hee hee!  I hear ya.  It's all I can do to keep myself from going back to their web site and making another Makie.  alien  And when mine arrives and I finally see the reward for my (small amount of) effort, the temptation to order another will be very difficult to resist.
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:28 am

imo the cocoa match isn't too bad, least it isn't for my boy Ad.

I'm sorely tempted to order a few more, though the absence of boys makes the temptation a little less acute haha. I'm obsessed with boy dolls. Still, a IM girl to be my travel makie would be nice, i'm too paranoid about damage and the expense of replacing the 3dp ones.
There are a couple of girls going buy meeeee. Thankfully I can't see them atm due to account borkage hahaha, so they can't bat their eyelashes at me and beg. Phew.

the new price point makes resisting temptation a lot harder I think. £50 is like.. so easy to just swallow. And i'm a bit scared about how badly it might impact my impulse control hahaha.
You're stronger than me Sydney, I couldn't resist last year when they put Makies on sale to around £50 and bought 3 at once! oops.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Lol, I prefer boy dolls too.  Wink

However, the boys being currently "on vacation" doesn't lower the temptation for me unfortunately.  Rolling Eyes  

That's because most of my Makies are fairly young kids, and the Makie boy options we had previously just didn't work. Neutral  

Rolling Eyes They just turn out too old looking, like college age or older. Very Happy

The girls on the other hand, their face shape and facial feature options are just perfect for turning out cute young boys! Wink

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Looks like the free shipping offer ended yesterday, so I'm definitely not going to order another yet.

I hope they have free shipping again sometime in the next few months, though. santa
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Hello! I'm up to three Makies now, and more need to come home lol! 

they usually have free shipping on everything over $40, I don't know if that's still on but when I ordered my most recent one it was. Smile

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Jen said something about "no free shipping for a while", apparently it was causing the system to massively bug out and wasn't working right anyway. But I think they've also really lost a lot of cash with this system failure  because people haven't been able to order so have given up.
Still, the postage on top is a major deterrent as it hikes the price way up.

I just had a look a the UK postage and it's:

£3:30 for orders under £49 and a whopping £25 for anything over.
The dolls are £49:99 so would have £25 postage on top! Making them actually MORE expensive than they used to be!

To buy a single doll even within the UK would cost £74.99!
So much for that "lower price" huh?

I feel kinda robbed by that tbh. I think it's really underhanded to tack on a surprise shipping cost after making such a fuss about how much less the dolls now cost. Not cool, not cool at all.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Whoa! That seems really high! Is it a flat £25 shipping rate, meaning it would still be £25 even if your order totaled £149?

Didn't you post somewhere that it only costs you £20 to send Christmas presents to Australia?

A flat shipping rate is only an advantage to people who can place large orders.

At that rate you might be better off organizing a group order with a bunch of people. The whole order ships to the organizer, and the other people either arrange to pick up their stuff or have it mailed/shipped at a cheaper cost.

Just out of curiousity, do you remember how much was shipping back in the old days, when the Makies were totally 3DP, and when they weren't offering free shipping? Was it that high then? I can't remember.

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't actually remember as most of mine were bought when there was free shipping promos on. I'll search my old invoices. But the £25 might be another gremlin, who the heck knows at this point. The site is so borked it's impossible to know what's real, what's a glitch but it's all very offputting.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:58 pm

AHAH! Shipping was £8:60

I have my invoice here for Fizz.

Basket total: £59.34
Shipping: £8.60
Total before tax: £56.62
Tax: £11.32
Order Total: £67.94

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:31 pm

£8:60 -------> £25 !?!?!?..... Gahhh!  affraid  

Let's all "hope/wish/pray" as hard as we all can that it is a gremlin, and that they catch this one soon, before it does even more damage!!

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Yeah none of my other invoices have shipping listed, heck, I can't even find half of them. I suspect almost all of mine were ordered when there was free shipping or a promotion on.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top