Classic Makies on Ebay

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic Makies on Ebay

Post by jupiternames on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:55 am

But are comments of yours missing on posts that can still be found? What IS going on?!

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:38 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=makies&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Should show all the completed listing prices that they went for, and if you click on them individually you can check the bidding history. 

I too noticed certain individuals going bid crazy towards the end, though was it just me or did it ease off after your and for that matter my comment  (I'm extremely cynical so maybe it was really just a concidence, but honestly I do wonder how much the rest would have gone for if that post hadn't existed-maybe we distracted certain individuals in question as they tried to justify their actions who knows?) I was expecting rectractee to bid on hopper though as it seems tyler was again. 

The whole holier than thou thing is probably because you hit the nail on the head per se, the raw nerve and achille's heel, maybe I overthink things but I couldn't help feeling it was directed at me also, so for the time being I'll probably be a silent observer for now. 

I was hoping it would be civil also, but rarely does such an occurence happen lol!. It's a shame the money isn't going to Makielabs though

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am

(I'd still love a cutie style elf in the future, even if it is on IM), so I do hope they open again in the future. That said I probably ought to think of resaving for my souldoll- as I've burnt a lot of it on hopper...

My red flag is not so much the hush but the whole cloak and daggers thing, the circumvention of truth and trust. 

Honestly I have no clue how to be 100% positive either, it's just not humanly possible, well unless any of you guys are the dalai lama or something? 

I noticed too that some of my comments had poofed the planes of existence but thought it was my mobile app playing up. Will have to check later to see if they really have or not.

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:32 pm

thing is, I know who most of those bidders were because I was keeping a list. Here it is for everyone, what's the point in lying about it? Go check out the bidding history knowing the names and you'll see why i'm upset with certain people.
I know they might get annoyed with me for sharing this but you know what? Most of this info I sleuthed myself and anyone else could probably take an educated guess on who was who if they wanted to.

I***U is Tammie (the retracted bidder. From what I understand she was "told" to retract though i'm not sure why.)
I was K***P but pulled out of the first wave early on because I didn't LOVE them and others wanted them more.
G***M is of course Kittyrose who only was going after Hopper.
H***S is Ruth who went a wee bit crazy trying to win but couldn't. I was talking to her at the time and she did try very hard but it was too savage. She wanted Hopper or Tyler but didn't get much chance, wasn't going to bid on Hopper because Kitty wanted her so bad, but when she lost Tyler got a bit desperate. I think she felt bad about it though.
T***D is JR
L***U (she has a really high feedback score of like 2021) is Linda who had stated right from the start she was going for ninja, and apparently even had certain opposing bidders tell her "oh I won't bid then". Yeah... right. -_-

There was also a late comer to the party, O***Y and I don't know who that was but they won a couple and were nibbling at other bids. They got pretty vicious too.

And it'll all happen again when the next lot go, those who lost out first wave and likely to be even more aggressive and nasty and it sucks. I HATE what this has turned the group into, it's just disgusting.
There has got to have been a fairer and more civil way to have dealt with this, but nope, ugly free for all.
And no offense those who got carried away, i get why, but it just really makes me feel uneasy that it had to be that violent. It was just sickening to watch, particularly those who had outright said they weren't interested in certain ones then bidding those ones up, or people who had been all "oh I hope you get them" to someone and then tried to outbid them. That's just such a dick thing to do.

*sigh*

It's sort of tainted my enjoyment right now, because all I see is nastiness and elitist bullshit and I just can't do it. I can't be part of a community i'm SO disgusted with right now.
I  hope the lot of them are all bloody happy with themselves, because they showed their true colours. Nasty, vicious, savages who only care to WIN and beat anyone else.
Screw that. I knew this would turn us all into rabid dogs, I knew it. But I didn't like to think so negatively of my friends. But rabid dogs everyone became and I think a few of us are entitled to feel a little shaken by the whole thing and a little leary of the people we just saw ripping one another's throats out over dolls.

It's also very hard not to feel extremely bitter and resentful when you know you haven't got that kind of cash to splash around, thinking "why do I have to be so poor? Why do these people get to have so much?" and all those things that are perfectly natural and human to feel. Doesn't mean we hate you, just means we hate our own situation and feel very hard done by. It's like starting a race and being overtaken and lapped 3 times, it's going to make you feel inadequate and make you a wee bit resentful.

It really would have been nice had the "love" been able to be fairly distributed and I am super disappointed not just that Makies themselves didn't take the dolls but that the community allowed themselves to get so consumed.
I know I always joke that Makies are addictive but by god, that was a full on junkie knife fight there.

I think it'll be a while before I can look any of you in the eye again. I'm too upset with you all. Sorry, but I am. That was a disgraceful display and I wonder whether Alice saw those prices. I suppose the silver lining is she can now use those to show investors "see? People will pay this kinda money and get into huge fights over our product! there's demand!"

Still, i'm angry, shaken and upset. I'm not watching the end of the next round, I can't do it. I've put in my proxy bids and I know i'll be outbid in seconds but that's as far as I can stretch. I'd sooner just not get involved in this sickening display of wealth and greed.

Have fun, i'm outta here for a while.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Gosh... you guys, the drama sounds awful, I'm really sorry you have to deal with it! I think absolutely always feel free to speak your mind here - a forum is for discussion, whether it's positive OR negative.

I don't know what's happened because I don't get to see what goes on, but I do get the impression that sometimes people can very much misunderstand criticism/complaint as hate bordering on cartoonish villainism. It's not. It's really not.

P_M, yours and everyone's concerns about the price inflation are well-founded. Not just because it cuts people less well-off out from having a chance, but because if "protecting Makies reputation" is a concern: this is actually pretty bad. MakieLabs primary concern - at least back when they were open - was appealing to children and the parents of those children, as a children's toy. Regardless of my personal opinions of that, that's what the product is intended to be, at least in it's most recent iteration. To then have Makies publically appear as an object that costs £100-£241, THAT'S damaging.
Any casual fan of Makies checking ebay to see if they can find something second hand to pick up for their kid during the company's closure: guess what a shock they would have been in for. To a casual fan there's no difference between old Makies and now, just like a casual fan wouldn't make a distinction between old Barbie and current Barbie. So the product that previously parents/kids could 100% customise and have arrive with the wig and eyes of their choosing that used to be £50 (however briefly)... 
With the seller's remarks about the viciousness and horribleness of Makies community (?!), and the price these things go for, a parent is going to run a mile. They'd most likely prefer a far less hassle and cheaper product. Price inflation through methods like this distorts the value of the original product, and confuses things for consumers.

I'm absolutely not saying anything like the seller should take them down, yes they're his to sell. I'm also not saying people shouldn't be allowed to pay what they're happy to pay for them. It's great that a lot of people are getting a second chance to get a Makie and I wish everyone the best of luck. I'm just saying that if the issue is still supposed to be whether Makies reputation will be "damaged" or not, then I don't believe shutting down a complaint about what's going on is sound or rational at all. There are legitimate economic reasons why inflated prices are worse for MakieLabs, or really ANYTHING is worse for MakieLabs than some comments on a closed Facebook group literally no-one can see.

So yes, I'm really sorry all of you are having to deal with this! It sounds pretty ridiculous, and I guess now I'm extra glad I'm on this forum and not on facebook.

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:58 pm

well i'm totally out

Youngest son decided it was a marvelous idea to smash the tv with a broom. A tv we only bought 2 months ago to replace the last one.
£339 wasted right there, down the fricken drain.
We can't afford to fork out another £300, i'm so upset.

Looks like all the money i was saving is going to go toward this.

I don't know what to do. It is such a large amount of money to just throw away. Insurance won't cover "act of toddler" and he'll just smash the next damn one anyway won't he?

I feel sick. So sorry anyone I owed money to, i'm gonna have to flake on you because there is NO way I can justify buying things when we're having to fork out £300 which could have bought us a month's food.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Well, it doesn't help either that eBay doesn't allow you to change your maximum bid to a lesser amount.  

I didn't know that Linda had decided to go for the ninja until after my maximum bid of £100 on it was set.  Had I been able to do so, I would have immediately dropped it to whatever my current bid was at that time.

I couldn't retract my maximum bid either, since eBay has a narrow list of conditions under which you can retract your bid, and "I just found out my friend really wants it" isn't one of the conditions.

Look at the bidding history, you will see my bidding on the ninja stops at £100, my maximum bid, which I had placed a few days after he was listed.

I focused my attention and bidding on the two boys I really wanted.

Tyler, because he reminded me a lot of one of the first Makies I created, on the old Makie Maker app.   I was unable make him real at the time, because I was on an iPad, and the interface between the Maker app and the shop didn't work from an iPad.  

I was frustrated when I could not order him from my iPad, and he did not show up in the Maker app when I went in on my computer.  

The Lab could do nothing at the time, except tell me that they were hoping to be able to offer people the ability to order from mobile devices soon.

At that point I gave up for a time, since I could not get my Makie printed.   Subsequently, when I finally returned to the Maker app, my first batch of Makies I had created were gone.

By the time I was actually able to order a Makie, the version-1 bodies and the Classic style faces had been discontinued.

So I very much wanted to add a Classic face or two to my little group as well as the version-1 body.  

Since I never hear about any that are for sale until usually well after their new owner already has them home, I figured these auctions were my only chance. Neutral

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Damn p_m, that seriously sucks! Sad  

I kind of wish you did owe me money, because then I'd tell you to just forget about it and consider the debt as paid in full.Neutral

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that P_M! I'm pretty shocked the insurance wouldn't cover it, since it's an accident (as in responsible adults didn't deliberately cause the damage), but I suppose accidents caused by kids are probably quite frequent... Sad

Maybe, if someone was willing, you could have them bid on the Makie (was it Ringo?) you wished for on your behalf up to your max, and if they win, you can buy him off them at a later date when you're in a better position again. That could potentially be a good compromise.

With any luck, perhaps the second wave won't be quite as ridiculous as the first. Forking out a couple hundred for one thing is an understandable treat, but forking out a hundred or two hundred each for several things all at once, that'd be unsustainable unless somebody was... well... "loaded" wouldn't really cover it, I don't think.  Shocked

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Insurance will cover £130 of it, meaning we have to find the other £200 somewhere.

Looking at my ebay sales i'm at... £125 so far, but that was supposed to be used on little treats for me.
But i'll feel far too guilty doing that now. We can pay the money but it means less in the buffer and therefore a  big chunk closer to living off beans and stale bread.
Our benefits just DO NOT cover a family of 5. We live in a tiny little rented house too small for all of us because we can't afford anything bigger and I had been carefully squirreling money away every month to pay for incidentals, or a holiday, or something nice for the family. Every week husband is unemployed eats into that until we run out of buffer. Last time he was unemployed for like 5 months and we were down to our last few hundred before he got off his arse and got a damn job.

And maybe i'm being awful, maybe he IS trying but I don't see it. He has a tendency to just sit about and expect life to hand him things, and usually that does happen. Past three jobs were all gotten for him by my step father!
And I don't feel like I can tell him to get a damn job already because that'll start a fight, but i'm so beyond stressed by it all and so beyond sick of him. I just want to shake him and scream in his face,  but it won't achieve anything.

But because i'm the only one who CAN get any money in by selling my collections, it looks like i'll have to cover any deficit which isn't really fair. I can't work, I also can't get benefits myself due to some poopy about "national insurance contributions" because I wasn't born here and haven't "worked enough" to earn them. I'm unemployable anyway, believe me, i tried damn hard to get a job last time and kept getting turned down. I just flat out have no skills or abilities that are in any way useful. I got rejected for bloody checkout girl jobs! Like.. how do you get turned down for jobs that require zero skill and could be done by a monkey? Eugh.

I'm freaking out. I hate not having money coming in, it's just horribly stressful and I feel like I should just... sell everything and be a grown up and do what has to be done for the family but it hurts.

As always i'm the one who makes all the sacrifices way before anyone else does because i'm the mum, the one who like.. handles ALL the finances and who pays attention to outgoings. Husband would happily just ignore the steadily declining bank balance and keep ordering takeout and buying costa coffee and such, while i'll be sitting tearing my hear out selling childhood possessions to make sure we CAN eat.
But he doesn't have anything of any value anyway. He collects paperback books which have zero resale value, and comics... which again, no resale.

I have another 20 free listings, so the other half of the box of stuff I was selling anyway is gonna go up, along with a few more unwanted presents.

And I think i'm telling him not to bother with mother's day because he never gets me anything nice or that I even vuagely want anyway. He just buys me cheap tat I then have to pretend I don't hate and can't sell because then he'll get offended.
Seriously, I have no clue what i'm going to do with the three plastic freaking pirates he gave me for my birthday. Wth? Or the "how to play guitar" book he gave me (I don't even own a guitar ffs). I'd rather get nothing than waste money on junk I can't get rid of.
At least for once I suppose I can be thankful he's such a cheapskate, because at least I know if he does buy me anything it'll be like £3 from the bargain bin. *eyeroll*

I'm gonna go do bank maths now, see precisely HOW screwed we are. If I can present him with an actual "we have this long before we are on the streets" calculation maybe he'll get off his arse and try harder to get some damn employment.

I swear I just want to smash his stupid head in. I'm mad at him, i'm mad at the kids, i'm just generally MAD. I wasn't supposed to be spending my hard earned ebay money on this kind of poopy. But how can I possibly buy dolls and not be totally consumed by guilt for doing so?

I don't want to replace the tv. I think the kids can just suffer without it. learn some damn respect for things. If you break it, it's GONE and you can just suck it up.
I mean what's the point in buying a new one? they'll just break it again.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 pm

I hear you about the job market, it's been horrendous for years, and in some areas it's worse than others. A few years back, in the area I lived in, people would be rejected from voluntary jobs, there were that many people who needed employment and so few employers. Shops outright had notices on the doors and windows saying "DO NOT ask about vacancies/volunteering". It was over 200 people per 1 single entry-level job. I'm back in the same area again due to living costs, and it isn't much better now. These days I think much of it isn't down to you personally being unemployable, it's down to too many workers and not enough jobs for them.

I'm sure you don't want to hear about voluntary stuff, considering that I think I personally feel that people of a certain age (post-graduation and up really) should ALWAYS get paid (I mean after all, we can't ask for rent to be voluntary, or food to be voluntary), but I'd say if you can find the right kind of thing it can be really invaluable. If you wanted to do events co-ordination for example but had just never taken a qualification/ordinary progression towards it and now feel locked out of it, there's thankfully a lot of call for event volunteers. And of course charity shop volunteering is how basically every single person of my generation has got an eventual retail job, because there's just too much competition so most people I know have had to volunteer for a year before it's paid off.

However, that's much easier said than done, and I can imagine juggling kids on top doesn't make that the most viable option!

Sad Good luck with calculating finances and stuff, I hope they're the best they can be given the situation, and I hope your ebay sales go well.

I suppose if you decide not to replace the TV, it really could teach a thing or two about the fragility of things! That or replace it with a very small model that comes under the budget that the insurance will cover.

Man, things are obviously really sucky right now, I'm sorry P_M. Sad I really hope some actual good luck comes your way!

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Interesting.....everyone on the FB group page seem to be avoiding talking about the Makie auctions like the plague.

Someone started a disscusion thread with a comment about how high the first batch went for, and how they are still planning to try for the boy they want.......and so far no one has added a single comment.

Although, apparently several people have read it, and six people were brave enough to "like" it.

Other than that, it's all "Rosy, Posy, and Twinkle Toesy" over there.  People are posting pictures of things they are making or have made, or photos that pertain to the week's theme, or just pics of their Makie(s).

The atmosphere/aura is really strange right now over in the FB group.....is anyone else picking that up?

I'm not sure if it's a sense of collective group guilt, or possible fear of the dreaded "positivity police"......perhaps it's a bit of both....

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:05 pm

I'm surprised Sioux or Georgie haven't waded in and tried to stem the chaos by reiterating "WE HAVE STUFF GUYS, stop acting like these are the only makies on the planet ffs and be patient, there should be enough to go around you lunatics!"
Because from what I understand, there ARE other dolls out there with ex staff and people with links to the lab who just haven't had the time to go through them. And those are likely to be offered for a non crazy price to provide a level and fair playing field for everyone.
I mean, we were specifically told "ones that aren't potentially broken ARE in a safe place and will be up for sale eventually, don't go crazy on these" by ex members of STAFF ffs.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sudden flurry of Makies come up on ebay as people who have been hanging onto them for a while after they've lost interest or their kid has lost interest notice the prices and think "ooo, I should totally sell this and make a fortune!"

I suspect there's a bit of shame from those who got involved in the fighting. There's a bit of resentment from those who were knocked out and couldn't keep up and compete. Everyone's a little bruised and injured and an environment where we're not "allowed" to say anything about it is NOT helping.

It's a tricky one because while i'm happy for people to get new dolls, as I already said at length, i'm astoundingly disappointed in how savage you all became in the process.

Will the second and third batches be as brutal? I expect so. Those knocked out last round will no doubt try again with even MORE determination and aggression. Hopefully those who won the last lot will sit the next ones out and give others a chance, but i'm not overly optimistic of that happening either.

I would go so far as to predict round 3, which ends at 7pm on a Monday will be arguably the MOST brutal and MOST disgraceful display of greed we're yet to witness.
I feel sick just thinking about it.

Because prior to the last auctions I thought people would be civilized and kind and not just go crazy fighting one another and wouldn't jump from 1 auction to the next to the next with no discrimination just to win ANYTHING. Some people really didn't seem to care what they got, just that they got SOMETHING. Nor did they care who they trampled in the process. I understand there was competition, but at the same time it felt really dickish to know someone was going for a certain doll and to then bid them up and try to take it from them.

We all need to sit down and think "do we really NEED this doll so badly we're willing to trample our friends to get it?" and honestly? No.. no we don't.
And I will participate in the last auctions but I can't stretch far due to awful life circumstances, but I won't lie. I will HATE the hell out of whoever outbids me because I will feel like they came in, kicked me in the head and took it from my hands. It will feel mean spirited and cruel and I WILL be resentful. I cannot help that.
Maybe that makes me a terrible person, but is it not also a really awful person who knows someone really wants something and snatches it away from them just because they CAN?

I think many are sensible to sit this out and if I hadn't fallen in love with Ringer and Sweetie I would just bow the heck out because it isn't worth the grief and the anxiety. It's not worth the fighting and the resentment toward one another. The first lot I was happy to let go, I didnt "love" any of them enough to take them from anyone else and I was SO relieved certain people who'd said for the whole week they wanted that doll GOT it.
But I will feel a stab of anger and resentment toward whoever gets those two, because I would have given them such a lovely home.

But maybe, just maybe, hopefully... whoever wins them can give them as much if not more love. I will be devastated if they go to someone who just puts them on a shelf to be ignored. So whoever outbids me, please please please do great things with them. Because it'll break my heart otherwise.

But I will still feed sad and bitter about it. Because if I was loaded, they'd both me mine damnit.
Heck, i'd be happy to just be able to get one of them but I know i'm walking away from this empty handed. I put my proxy bids in and that's all i can do.

I hope the lab reopens soon, so we can put this awfulness behind us and move forward with exciting new dolls and ideas. I still really want to make Jay and Asher as dolls, it kinda.. stings that they can't be real.

And maybe some day soon another pistachio will show up for sale.
Maybe another big nosed classic boy...
maybe the ultimate, a big nosed pistachio boy (lol)
You never know right? I might get lucky.
Maybe missing out on these ones is for the best, so I can afford a perfect doll later on.

I'm not good at being optimistic though, and I am sad. Not just about missing out and my poverty but about the community being torn apart by it all. Because i'm not the only one disgusted and put off, I know i'm not. And that bubbling undercurrent of resentment and anger is only going to grow the longer it's ignored.
There's a big explosion on the horizon, I can feel it. A storm is a brewing and it's going to be pretty catastrophic if and when it breaks.

If you need to duck for cover anyone, know that here i'll never police your negativity. Here we can speak our minds and yeah, we might offend one another from time to time, but we don't mean to. Honesty is better than bottling it up and letting resentment and anger build.

A little squall now and then does less damage than a huge hurricane right?

I feel like facebook is facing a pretty major hurricane soon, particularly if this "don't be negative" nonsense continues.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:17 pm

IM bodies listed up btw.
And hands.

The hands are likely to sell well.

Curious what the IM bodies will sell for tbh, given there's not much demand for them.
also IM skull caps which were an absolute nightmare to remove.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:29 pm

I agree with you 100% p_m about people speaking their minds. I haven't done too much in the facebook group; I'm not a big poster anyway, but the positivity push makes me not want to post about my dolls there because I feel like the likes and praise lack sincerity in that sort of environment. A bit tangential, maybe not super important, but that's my beef.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesa on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Oh gosh, I really want some cocoa hands for Jonah... I regret not buying any for them while I still could.
Tesa

View user profile https://mymakie.com/people/tesa/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm

yeah nobody did a bulk order for cocoa hands so i think those will sell well.

I'm gonna bid on the caramel body, I think I could use the arms for Frankenmakie and it'll be a lot cheaper than a full body for him. I've gotta be like.. frugal. Won't be perfect, but i'll do short term anyway.

I wonder if anyone will bid on the other bodies or the skull plates. Bodies might be useful for experiments or for replacement limbs if you don't mind the hybrid nature or the fact the legs like to ping off the 3dp torsos lol.

Seller said he also has a few broken Makies, like well and truely properly broken. Missing limbs, heads hanging off. Like.. really smashed up. He'll list them up at some point anyway and i'm curious to see if any of it can be salvaged. I mean if he sells it as a big bundle and it's cheap enough, could be worth it to salvage hands, feet, faces... dunno. Depends on the level of damage I guess. Still i'd be tempted because I hate seeing broken dolls.

Poor guy is a bit overwhelmed with people pming him though heh. I think it's been a bit non stop since the start.

But yeah, apparently there's a couple more Makies to come. He couldn't find Paul or Lennon but they may have lost their id or be broken. There are a few more LEs though, so i expect that's Tesla and Curie to come. I suspected there must be a full set, I mean why have only half of them?
He also mentioned dolls with "odd bits", maybe some of the hooks, peg legs and tentacle arms? Not sure there.

I'll be interesting to see anyway.
He's really putting up small scraps now, i'm like argh, put up the dolls already!

He's not doing BINS right now because he's going away for a few days and I think wanted a bit of a breather.
But if i'm seeing correctly, looks like only one of each hand set anyway. Just split into individual or paired hands.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Will Pm screengrabs

Last edited by kittyrose on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Wha? You mean she has some too? I'm confused.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:19 pm

?
I'll screengrab the convo and pm you

Last edited by kittyrose on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 pm

What do other people want with the IM bodies? the old heads don't really fit properly on them and I thought they all hated them?

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 pm

I pm'ed you on fb

I think me and linda in particular were interested in the for clothes making don't  know about the rest

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Ahh as little mannequins? that'd be cute. Well i've bid on two. One my max is honestly about £10 because I was willing to pay that for arms. The other is like £2:50 becuase I didn't think there really WOULD be competition and kinda wanted a second to mix and match those arms so frankenmakie could have one caramel arm and one cocoa or something lol. It would fit his whole mismatched look. I have zero use for the torsos though, not sure what i'll do with them. creepy limbless torsos laying about hahah.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Yeah well I won't outbid you as my max is £2 (I'll wait for some more to be listed as I'm in no rush.)

I will say now so you guys all know (can pass the message on) Sioux has mentioned that was may do some kind of giveaway thing and sell some stuff when she get's the chance, I'm not sure whether it'll be on the group or not but was what was implied. Anyway if I hear more I'll update you guys with more accurate details. Otherwise if I think anything should be passed on from fb in general I'll try keeping you all informed. >,< as best as I can anyway.

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Well given i'm not in the group now because i'm not welcome with my "negativity" no free stuff for me.
Given they KNOW i'm having a rough time of it and positivity isn't something that comes naturally, insisting I have to be censored is flat out cruel and isolating.

I'm really angry at the lot of them, as so few have bothered to even see if i'm ok. Clearly they don't actually care and that just makes me more angry. Am I just not good enough for them?

I don't deal well with rejection and I feel rejected. So i'm full of bitterness and rage.

Hearing they're organising giveaways which I cannot be a part of just makes me feel more isolated and even more "shunned from the group".

I don't think I CAN rejoin because i'll just be gagged again and judged by a certain someone and nobody will say a thing to defend me. As usual. Story of my life really.
Nobody has ever stood up for me because i'm not worth standing up for.

Excuse my pity party, see the nasty troll in my head loves to tell me i'm a sack of poopy worth nothing who'll never be really loved or liked. When i'm pushed out of groups, it gives it SO much ammo to use against me, whispering nasty things to me about how worthless I am and how they all hate me really and are HAPPY i'm gone. It probably isn't true, but it doesn't shut up. I've been kicked out of so many groups and every time it just adds to that ammunition for my sick brain to use against me. And it isn't fair.

Why don't people care? Why aren't people nicer? Why am I always pushed out of social groups by one pushy individual who seems to get some sick kick out of making me feel awful and kicking me when i'm down. And WHY is that person never called on it? Why do they just get to keep doing it?
Worse, they're rewarded and i'm kicked in the mud and left to the edges of the community.
I hate it. I hate that i'm always the leper. Why do I have to be the leper? Why can't I be the popular one that everyone loves and crowds around?
Why can't I have nice things.

*huff*

Sorry, you just.. rekindled a lot of bitterness that's been seething for a few days. I'm really stressed out right now and fighting with people and feeling shunned isn't helping.

Hearing about giveaways and "fun prizes" etc and knowing I can't be involved hurts. And I can't be involved because I refuse to be in the same group as someone who continues to look down their nose at me, judge me and make snide thinly veiled complaints about my opinions as if they're some damn saint and i'm scum. I CANNOT deal with the censorship and the "smile smile happy happy" thing because I have to do that constantly irl, I am gagged EVERY damn day of my life because depressed people aren't welcome anywhere. You gotta put on a fake smile and say "i'm fine" and when you have to do that every single damn day even to those who are supposed to love you most? You NEED somewhere you can be your true self and not have to continue to wear that gag. I will CHOKE if I have to keep keeping quiet and pretending like i'm happy happy oh so happy.

It's a toxic environment for me with a few particularly toxic people who are astoundingly oblivious to the pain they've caused. Why? Perhaps they're sociopaths, or perhaps they do realise and simply don't care because they're happy to be rid of "negative" ol' me.
Either way, enough about the bloody facebook group.
Whatever plans they had they shot themselves in the foot with their own greed anyway.

The seller now thinks all things Makie are worth megabucks and the high bidders and constant PM "i'll give you such and such for this!" people already ruined any chance anyone had of any bulk deals.
Sorry but I can't help but laugh, they all made their bed, now they can lie in the mess they made.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next