Classic Makies on Ebay

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic Makies on Ebay

Post by kittyrose on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:08 pm

Ah I knew it, had a guess you were k***p. Just to let you know I'm g***m and I have no intention of going for the dolls your going for. I just chucked in an initial bid as I find it easier than watching. That i***u user does seem privy, possibly to stuff we don't know as they have bidded on different dolls since so it's possible mr 200 and hopper have some flaw we don't know about. So yeah I waded into the fray

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Haha, it's funny to know who all the bidders are. Anyway, I'm probably only willing to pay 30-35 gpb (around 40-45 usd) on Rupert, mainly because shipping is about $30 and I don't want to spend more than $100 on him. Lol, I'm stingy Razz.

Check out my Makie gallery!

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:41 pm

It is quite Surprised

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Haha I can't blame ya. I'm not willing to pay more than retail (as in, a brand new Makie from the labs) because I haven't got the cash to splash.

and awesome, I now have the names of three of the other bidders! hahaha, i know who you aaaaare
Ahem.

That's useful for me though, i'm keeping a close eye on who's going after what and trying to avoid getting into a bidding war with someone I know wants it more than me.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Yeah, it's what I've been trying to do too. Nothing worse than a bidding war lest when it's someone you know somewhat. I'm actually surprised with how much some are going for really, I've bought cheaper bjd's (well not technically bjd as they were made of abs and not resin, but you know what I mean)

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:56 pm

And now I'm getting the pop up ads pestering me, don't you just love mobile devices not having an easy ad blocker option :<

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:12 am

aww man, this place is riddled with ads.

I think I might need to find a less crappy forum host. This forum was rather hastily cobbled together last minute when we got told the official ones were shutting down heh. If I get a chance i'll look into a less iffy free host, preferably one with easier photo sharing capacity.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:23 am

Tbf it's ok on a computer if you have ad blocker or you block at a wifi hub level just an ass if not. And I think I've figured a good 4 user's now ㅋㅋㅋ

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:02 am

Well, if we're all outing ourselves, I'm a snipe bidder and haven't touched a thing. But I'm not going for the same ones as you p_m. I think my current favorite is the other green girl. Though I also really love Tyler. On the other hand, I'll try to get one doll out of this affair, so I guess I'm looking at some of the others too. I just really want Tyler or unnamed green girl!!

And I really want some of those crazy leaf pants, so that's more points for worried green girl. Those pants are so silly!

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Purple_monkfish, It appears like you're right about mr-integrate, seeing as he's listed the Glam Boots with BIN prices instead of as auctions.

Whew, that's a relief! I was just worried, because I've run across a few sellers who seem to use that tactic when they know or think they know that an item, that they have several of, is going to be popular.

Looking for a new forum host might not be a bad idea. I know there are a few people who have said that they would like to join, but their security program either warns them against it or won't allow it. So maybe a free host with better security, less invasive/aggressive ads, and an easier way to share photos. That would be nice. ^_^

Turning the JavaScript thingy off works well for iPad, except that you loose all those little icons/buttons that you could click on at the top of the posting box. So you can't use the emoji button and add any of those fancy emojis, or the buttons for posting pictures, etc. while JavaScript is turned off. Oh well, at least that obnoxious ad/contest scam can't hijack my connection this way.

Lol, sorry if any of that doesn't make sense, I'm afraid I'm not very good with all the proper tech/computer terms for stuff.
I still miss my Windows Bob...with the furniture that you could add to your "room", and all those cute little helper characters to choose from... *Sniffle* I want my Java Dragon back again darnit! I really miss him wandering in with his little coffee cup! Sad

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Heh yeah, i've offered to help the seller id anything he's not sure about so we'll see if he takes me up on that offer. Partially it's because i'm nosy and want to see what else he has first lol, but also it'd be useful for other people if he has partial stuff he'd otherwise think is trash that should go with something else and so on.
Sioux for instance claims she has some partial sets missing a few bits, though not sure what "bits" she means.

He claims to have bodies which i'm keen to see, not sure if he'll go BIN with those (he said he has a case of em) or auction em. I kinda hope it's auction because I seriously doubt they're worth much to people who aren't crazy like me (I want the arms and legs)

This is terrible, my brain is already coming up with ideas for these dolls and I don't even think i'm going to win them *sob* I'm like "stop it brain! STOP IT!".

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Man that would be so awesome if he would take you up on that offer!

Then you could come back and tell us all about every piece of Makie merchandise he has!

*Cue the climatic music!.....* You could be our very own "007".......agent of Makie espionage! Wink

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:52 pm

How did this thread come to this?! lol, Makie Double Agent!

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:22 pm

hahaha.

More stuff going up tonight btw. (yes i'm glued to ebay).
Looks like a lot of the career fashion packs to go with the accessories he already posted up.
Glasses, shoes.. that kinda thing.

Some of the bits are a little spendy imo but eh..

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:21 am

Haha, just bid on Rupert, got outbid immediately. Oh well.

Fyi I show up as r***e.

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:06 pm

well the first batch went for insane money.

Not particularly optimisic about chances on the next. Pretty... yeah.. cranky about it really. Makes me feel really really poor and that makes me sad.

I'll try, but I can't stretch to the £180 price tag some of those sold for, it's just insanity.
Gosh it'd be nice to have that kind of money but I don't, no matter how much I sell of my collection.

*sigh*

So yeah, congrats people who won. Sucks it had to get so vicious.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:49 pm

It was pretty crazy, the boy in the hoodie sold for over $300. I can't believe people are actually willing to pay this. Two different people (t***d and o***y) both bought two!

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:20 pm

I don't think your alone in your thinking Jenna. I for one still agree with you, even though inevitably I was one of the jackhats who bid high albeit on one but still. I'm hoping it'll calm down on the second batch so you and anyone else actually gets a chance

I do feel the original bids that were retracted on tyler and hopper created a standard, a price to bid too.

kittyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:06 pm

It upsets me because it feels like those of us who aren't loaded can't even get a foot in the door. We're out of the competition before it's even started and that's sucky. Also some of those bids just felt mean spirited, like.. they knew particular dolls were desperately wanted by certain individuals but wouldn't back off. That's nasty. I just... feel that's really nasty.

And then to get on a high horse and look down on me for saying what everyone was thinking. Eugh. Just... no.
I don't need to be judged by people for feeling hurt over my own poverty.
I've set up my max bids, I cannot go higher. Not a case of "shouldn't" but a case of LITERALLY CANNOT. I do not have much money, i've been selling stuff like crazy and I still have no money.
I have sold several cases of my dolls at this point, because it's the only way I can afford to buy new ones. So it does make me a bit grumpy and resentful to see people splashing cash because they can. It just... it reminds me of how poor I am and it makes me hate my life situation all the more. Not anyone else's fault, but doesn't mean it doesn't cause me to feel upset and depressed.

And I want it on the record, I didn't leave the group because of doll auctions, I left because despite saying what loads of other people were thinking, I yet again got attitude and holier than thou judgement. I don't need that. It kicked me over the teetering edge and into the pit of self loathing and I was already feeling fragile today for other reasons. I just needed some time to spit and growl about other people having money and me being poor damnit!

But also I don't think it was fair that people were bid up so savagely and had to fight so hard. We should have been able to be better than that, and been fair in giving people a chance but instead it was as I predicted, a vicious free for all that left several reeling and mad.
That's just not cool.

I was so relieved that you got Hopper though, and that Linda got her white boy doll even if she had to really fight tooth and nail to get him. Sadly I can't afford to fight that hard, so i'm unlikely to win either of the dolls I had fallen for and I think i'll need a little time to grieve that loss.

And I won't be able to help but feel a wee bit bitter toward whoever outbids me, particularly as they KNOW full well which ones I was going for. It's like seeing someone reaching for something in a store and running over to knock it outta their hand, it's rude. It's one thing to be outbid and sniped by a stranger but when it's someone you know? I dunno, it just... leaves a bad taste. It just feels mean spirited for a few to dominate like that and i'm sure it's only going to get more vicious and more awful.

I had thought Makies people were better than that and could share the love, but I was wrong. I was horribly wrong.

And that really is why i'm most upset. Not for myself as I didn't even bid this round, but because I expected BETTER of this community. I expected civility and decentness and some damn consideration for one another. Instead I witnessed the online equivalent of a black friday brawl and it sickened me. I am honestly SO disappointed in the actions of a few of the members of this fandom right now, really quite disgusted by their behavior.
It didn't need to be that violent, surely a civilised and decent agreement could have been come to amongst people. "oh you have that one, i'm interested in this one."
that's why I was keeping a list! I had hoped those who weren't super in love with certain ones would ease off knowing someone else had said "I really want that one", not get into a nasty fight with them over it! I had hoped there would be civility.

Honestly Makie labs can't open soon enough, because the lack of dolls "in the wild" is turning this fandom into a pack of rabid dogs and it's just horrendous.

The prices were obscene and the bidding was frantic. I don't think i've ever seen anything so nasty. I felt sick watching it and I still feel sick. It just feels so wrong, so mean spirited.

And now I feel I shouldn't bid at all because I have many Makies and others have few, and I would like them to have a chance. But right now, none of us really have a chance anyway. Unless you have several hundred pounds to spend, you ain't gettin a doll. That's horrible.

Check out my Makies

Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Oh my gosh, I forgot to keep a watch so I didn't even see what most went for! I only see Pi's price, since he was in my watchlist (I hadn't got around to removing him even though I decided I didn't need stuff, plus I'm broke). He went for £100...
I'm guessing others went for similar/more? That's... mind-blowing, really. I had no idea that that'd really happen.

Holy... sounds like they went for a colossal amount of money. I agree P_M, it'd be nice if Makie Labs could open again, because they deserve that money for their product.

I hope the next round isn't so vicious, sounds kind of scary to be honest, and I think I'm glad I decided to stand aside!  silent

I make stuff!
Site | Shop | Instagram
nattherat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:44 am

Well, I think the worst of it was Tyler who went for GBP 241.00. I really liked him, but didn't even bid. I just watched the price skyrocket. I don't like bidding until the end because when I get outbid I feel like I've lost something I had and it can drive me to overspend.

The others, jumpsuit (GBP132.00) and leaf pants, who looked sort of grey (GBP180.00) went for a lot too!

Anyway, I bid on another of them (Mike, end price GBP60.00) thinking maybe it was my only chance but didn't win that one either. But that's for the best. I'm wishing for the one green girl with the sad/worried face, but I'm not optimistic about it!

Last edited by jupiternames on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:51 am

Eugh, p_m, I saw some of those comments! I'm pretty displeased at the silencing that's been going on. A lot of this raises big red flags for me, but I don't dare say anything that isn't "positive".

Well, you have all my sympathy. Having no money is the literal worst!

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:49 am

jupiternames wrote:Well, I think the worst of it was Tyler who went for GBP 241.00. I really liked him, but didn't even bid. I just watched the price skyrocket. I don't like bidding until the end because when I get outbid I feel like I've lost something I had and it can drive me to overspend.

The others, jumpsuit (GBP132.00) and leaf pants, who looked sort of grey (GBP180.00) went for a lot too!

Anyway, I bid on another of them (Mike, end price GBP60.00) thinking maybe it was my only chance but didn't win that one either. But that's for the best. I'm wishing for the one green girl with the sad/worried face, but I'm not optimistic about it!
Of course, I bear no ill will to whoever won Tyler! I watched the price go pretty far beyond what I was willing to pay. But I'd be super happy if I got that sad green girl. Wink

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:41 am

Jupiternames, when you say silencing, are you referring to comments being removed by someone other than the person who posted it on the FB group page?

I had to leave for my Dog Agility Classes, and just got back home.  When I checked in on the FB group to pick up where I left off, there are several comments that now I can't seem to find anywhere, including the one or two that I posted!  

I don't consider anything that I said in my comments to be negative, nor were most of the other comments that I had read before I left, and which also appear to be missing.  So why are they missing now?

Erm, just what happened while I was gone?!? 

Purple_monkfish I didn't have any problem at all with your posted comments, I understood why you were upset, and what you were actually venting about.  Hey, just who are you supposed to vent to, if you can't vent to your friends and/or fellow collectors and enthusiasts!

Hey, I would have liked to vent a little bit too! Rawrr!  
I wasn't really planning on getting into a bidding war like that, or going over my maximum bid the way I did.  

I had decided not to pursue the ninja boy, especially since it sounded like Linda really wanted him.  I would have lowered my maximum bid down to the amount of my current bid if eBay would allow that, but they don't.  So I was really happy that she was able to outbid my maximum, and win the boy she wanted.

The Elven eared boy was the next one to go, and I actually thought I had been outbid on him.  It wasn't until everything was over that I discovered I'd won. 

So then, when it looked like someone was testing my maximum bid on Tyler, and I'd put a pretty darned high maximum bid on him, and that they were getting ready to snipe him out from under me, I kind of got desperate and just little bit mad too....and you see the end result....  £241 for a Makie..... Yeeesh! Rolling Eyes

lol, yet another reason why I avoid auctions whenever possible, and when I can't, I'll put the highest possible maximum bid that I'm willing to pay and then try my darnedest to forget that there even is an auction until it's over! Very Happy 

I know there had to be at least two people bidding on each doll, but I wonder if there wasn't more than two.  I wonder exactly how many people were actually involved in the last minute bidding on each doll in that first batch?

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 am

Jryu , I was wondering the same thing about missing posts as you. I have no idea where that stuff went!

But I'm not jumping to conclusions about it. What I was referring to was the insistence on everything "positive" all the time. I feel like anyone who wants to say anything that isn't all roses is under pressure to keep it quiet. It's an unfair and unhealthy expectation that we should all be 100% positive all the time. It's just, where else can people be upset about doll related stuff?! Upset happens!
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top