Hello! <(^_^)> JRyu here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello! <(^_^)> JRyu here.

Post by JRyu on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:23 am

I'm JRyu, same as on the old forum. Smile

I'm also JRyu on the Den of Angels BJD Forum.

It's the username I usually go by, I even use it on my badge at  Anime and Doll conventions... when it's permitted. ^_^

Lol, I'm a doll collector, of course!  Laughing   The majority of my ever growing horde consists of Asian Ball Jointed Dolls, or ABJDs as they are generally called.  I do have other types of dolls, antique, vintage, ethnic, fashion dolls, etc.

....and yes, I too am one of those who prefers boy dolls over girl dolls.  Wink
So, the majority of my dolls are boys, of course!  Very Happy

However, I've  learned from experience, that ABJDs have a will and a mind of their own, especially when it comes to deciding gender.  I've had genderless ABJDs that insisted on being girls, no matter how much I wanted them to be a boy.  I've also had actual girl ABJDs that were so insistant that they were boys, that I've had to find them a boy body!  ( for those not familiar with ABJDs, they are usually anatomically correct, when it comes to gender.)

lol, I'm also learning that Makies have a will and a mind of their own too!  Laughing

I currently have six Makies, five of which I created, and one "Made for you Makie" that I adopted.

Five of my Makies are boys, even though three of the five actually have girl bodies at the moment.
Lol, trust me, with one exception, they all made it quite clear that they were boys. Wink

My one and, so far, only Makie girl, also made it quite clear that she was all girl, too!  Very Happy

Not that I mind, actually I much prefer dolls with strong wills, personalities, and opinions. ^_^

My Makies:  

LOCHS, male, approx. 20 yrs old, half elf and half Native American, college student, studying humanity.

RAYNE, female, Appears to be approx. 20 yrs old, an extraterrestrial, also a college student, "studying humanity", Shoi's older sister, and Lochs's girlfriend.  

RYUU, male, approx. 15 yrs old, half British and half Japanese, a former Borriable who's kept his pointed ears, and an aspiring fashion designer.  (Ryuu is also my Avatar in the Makie FabLab game, and was made real from the game app., so he is kind of a Makie-me.  Smile )

SHOI, identifies as male when pressed, but otherwise doesn't seem terribly concerned with gender, appears to be the same age as Ryuu, also an extraterrestrial and Rayne's younger brother, always tinkering with things and inventing stuff, Ryuu's closest friend, he'd do anything for Ryuu.

PALLY, male, approx. 15 yrs old,  an American, whose ancestry is a mixture of British, Scottish, and possibly  Irish, also a former Borriable, and an aspiring pastry chef.

FENNIC, goes by Fen, male, approx. 15 yrs old, the Irish equivalent of a Kitsune, a brave explorer and a bold adventurer, (His words, not mine. ^_~).

That's my Makie Gang, so far....
<(^_^)>

Last edited by JRyu on Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lol, I'm too much a perfectionist, I just have to correct my errors when I spot them. :D)
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! <(^_^)> JRyu here.

Post by jupiternames on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:57 am

Dolls with strong wills and opinions are the best--I wouldn't trade my bad Pepper for anything.
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:57 am

Love that you prefer the boys as well! lol does that sound quite right? Shocked Very Happy But as you say sometimes they have a mind of their own...it seems even though I planned to get my boy Makie first, Wren had different ideas and insisted she was the first! I was going to order him last Saturday but while faffing around with him and accessories I missed the free postage! Now I am not sure he will arrive before I go away - so thinking I will have to wait.

Lovely to read about your different Makie family members.
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:53 pm

I'm glad you are here!

Artful Owl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:48 am

jupiternames wrote:Dolls with strong wills and opinions are the best--I wouldn't trade my bad Pepper for anything.

They certainly are, and quite refreshing too! Smile
I wouldn't trade pushy, opinionated Rayne, or my bold, boastfull, back talking little fox boy Fen, either.

MissRead, that's too bad that you missed the free postage for ordering your boy. Sad

Wasn't that a lovely, and unexpected Christmas gift from the elves at MakieLabs, though. I was really surprised at how long they offered it too!

I hope you will be able to bring your Makie boy home soon.

Maybe MakieLabs will have another free shipping event at just the right time, or perhaps some other really great offer that you will be able to take advantage of to bring him home. ^_^

Artful Owl, I'm really glad that you are here too! sunny

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum