Wandering with Wren

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wandering with Wren

Post by MissRead on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:12 pm

I like to take my Companion Dolls out and about with me and it seems Wren is going to be no exception!  Today Wren went wandering...and I forgot to put the memory card back in my camera!  So just have the two photographs that I took with my husband's phone.

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering with Wren

Post by DollYay on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Aw! She's so cute!

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:09 am

Looks like a fun day for Wren!

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Well Wren hasn't exactly been wandering today, although while overseeing the big tidying and clearing session that is currently going on at the moment, she was delighted to discover some little puzzles and immediately set to work putting them together.  Photos here.

Without Challenge There is No Achievement
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:46 pm

MissRead wrote:Well Wren hasn't exactly been wandering today, although while overseeing the big tidying and clearing session that is currently going on at the moment, she was delighted to discover some little puzzles and immediately set to work putting them together.  Photos here.
LOVE LOVE the pocket puzzles! How cool is that!? I'll spend the rest of the week hunting for those for my two!  What a Face

"It's a Makie World, after all!" My makies are here

I also sell on Etsy, custom woodwork. World Of Vencka

My Makies made real: Vencka, Fáelán (pronounced Fai-Lin) and Malice
Vaergo

View user profile http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm

Vaergo wrote:
MissRead wrote:Well Wren hasn't exactly been wandering today, although while overseeing the big tidying and clearing session that is currently going on at the moment, she was delighted to discover some little puzzles and immediately set to work putting them together.  Photos here.
LOVE LOVE the pocket puzzles! How cool is that!? I'll spend the rest of the week hunting for those for my two!  What a Face

I am not quite sure if I bought them or my MIL bought them!  They are made in NZ , using a magnifying glass it says 'Crafted by Aeon Giftware Ltd, Rotorua, NZ on the back...  My MIL hasn't been to NZ since 2010 when she went with me, and we didn't got to Rotorua then, so they may have been bought in 2005 when we were last there as a family...Really can't remember but so glad I found them, as they are perfect for Wren.  Very Happy
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:08 am

Isn't it just the best thing ever when you find a prize that you forget you had--cool stuff for free! I've been really delighted too with how many little things I've found for my Makies. I see that Wren even has a doll like some of my girls do. Smile

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Wren is off on her travels soon and has been busy packing and trying on clothes...she found this 'walking set' and says it will be ideal for tramping in the New Zealand bush!

She tried it out...

and came to the conclusion it will be absolutely perfect.

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gelfling9uk on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Wren's 'walking set' is fantastic and just right for trekking and exploring! Very Happy
Lucky Wren and lucky you getting to travel to NZ - I hope you will take lots of pics and share them here!

P.s.  I'm definitely more tempted to take the Makie dolls out than any other doll, aren't they just the perfect 'grab-able' size and I love how
well they hold their pose! Smile

Current Makies: Starpose, Nana, Eugene

Shuffle it all...
gelfling9uk

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/AtTheEndofARainbow?ref=hdr_shop_men

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Ah! I love it! So cute, may I ask where'd you find/get the outfit?

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:26 pm

DollYay wrote:Ah! I love it! So cute, may I ask where'd you find/get the outfit?
Out of one of my dolls clothes boxes!  Razz   No help I know...I think it may have come on a Tressy doll I had, although I am pretty sure it wasn't original to her.  Sorry couldn't be more help.

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:27 pm

gelfling9uk wrote:Wren's 'walking set' is fantastic and just right for trekking and exploring! Very Happy
Lucky Wren and lucky you getting to travel to NZ - I hope you will take lots of pics and share them here!

P.s.  I'm definitely more tempted to take the Makie dolls out than any other doll, aren't they just the perfect 'grab-able' size and I love how
well they hold their pose! Smile

I am a seasoned 'take dolls out in public and photograph them' sort of gal. Wink  But yes Makies are the perfect size - fit easily in a hand bag and 'grab-able'

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:30 pm

MissRead wrote:
DollYay wrote:Ah! I love it! So cute, may I ask where'd you find/get the outfit?
Out of one of my dolls clothes boxes!  Razz   No help I know...I think it may have come on a Tressy doll I had, although I am pretty sure it wasn't original to her.  Sorry couldn't be more help.
Oh well! I'll just go search more amazon for doll clothes.... Smile

Smile
DollYay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:51 pm

\looks like an esprit outfit. They actually made dolls, they were called um... Jerome and... Jala?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMUS-ESPRIT-TOYS-90s-JALA-SAFARI-12-74002-GERMANY-MADE-DOLL-MISP-VHTF-RARE-/281170321024

I have the girl somewhere. Sadly got outbid on the boy. Drat

But yeah, looks like it's something from that line. They did fashion packs too, there's a golfing one I have somewhere lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jala-Esprit-Barbie-Fashion-Set-Assorted-Styles-/271509982685

AHAH! there it is! "Safari" outfit.

Hey, just your friendly neighbourhood admin.

Check out my Makies

In space, nobody can hear you explode.
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:17 am

Purple_Monkfish wrote:\looks like an esprit outfit. They actually made dolls, they were called um... Jerome and... Jala?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMUS-ESPRIT-TOYS-90s-JALA-SAFARI-12-74002-GERMANY-MADE-DOLL-MISP-VHTF-RARE-/281170321024

I have the girl somewhere. Sadly got outbid on the boy. Drat

But yeah, looks like it's something from that line. They did fashion packs too, there's a golfing one I have somewhere lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jala-Esprit-Barbie-Fashion-Set-Assorted-Styles-/271509982685

AHAH! there it is! "Safari" outfit.
Oh yes that is it!  I remember I had that bag as well....I wonder where it is?   Hmmm....I do remember getting it on a doll, but not that doll.  Good to know thanks Smile

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:31 pm

Wren enjoyed wandering Down Under in New Zealand and I will soon be able to post some photos of her adventures...just have to limit my time on the computer as I have discovered that it is a HUGE factor in my chronic pain - I have been relatively pain free while away (no computer access at all) and today I have burning pain again just from using computer for a short period of time.  Argghh!

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:12 pm

First blog post up if anyone on here hasn't seen it via FB already... Wren in NZ

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:25 am

It's great to have you back! I'm glad Wren had a good time and sorry to hear that computer use is contributing to your chronic pain.

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:01 pm

This is one of the things I love about forums! ^_^
How everyone contributes, and how we all have our areas of expertise, and/or bits of helpful information to share. Smile

I agree with Wren, that outfit will be perfect for exploring the New Zealand bush, and the little puzzle of the Kiwi family is adorable. Even though it is an easy puzzle, I don't blame Wren one bit for wanting to play with it. ^_^

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Thanks JRyu Smile  Wren is back now - she was away for six weeks.   The first two blog posts are now up and can be found here http://howmanydolls.blogspot.co.uk/

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Lovely pictures, what a great beach! Very Happy
It reminds me a lot of one of the beach areas back in Washington state, a place called Ocean Shores, we used to go there occasionally for family vacations when I was a child. ^_^

Kind of makes me a bit homesick, I really miss western Washington, it's where I was born and where I lived for most of my life.

The more pictures I see of New Zealand, the more it makes me want to go there! Smile
Lol, it all started when I read an article about how The Lord of The Rings movie was filmed there, and then saw all that gorgeous scenery when I watched the movie. Very Happy

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:08 pm

BTW: I love the snowy picture at the top of your blog, they look like four good friends heading out to enjoy the snow. ^_^
Would the young lad in the picture happen to be a Gregor doll? I love Sasha and Gregor!

I've loved Sasha and Gregor ever since they first appeared in the neighborhood toy store when I was about fourteen or fifteen. Very Happy

Gregor was my Grail doll, for many years, I asked for one every Christmas, up until they completely disappeared from the toy stores.
Unfortunately, he was a rather expensive doll at the time, and it was right around the time when my parents were actively trying to encourage me to grow up.

Then too, even though she never said anything, I don't think my mother cared for how the dolls looked, I rather suspect she thought they were ugly. lol. ^_~

It wasn't until after they invented computers and ebay, when I was finally able to find and purchase two beautiful Gregors and a Sasha for my very own. ^_^

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:36 pm

JRyu wrote:BTW:  I love the snowy picture at the top of your blog, they look like four good friends heading out to enjoy the snow. ^_^
Would the young lad in the picture happen to be a Gregor doll?    I love Sasha and Gregor!  

I've loved Sasha and Gregor ever since they first appeared in the neighborhood toy store when I was about fourteen or fifteen. Very Happy

Gregor was my Grail doll, for many years, I asked for one every Christmas, up until they completely  disappeared from the toy stores.
Unfortunately, he was a rather expensive doll at the time, and it was right around the time when my parents were actively trying to encourage me to grow up.

Then too, even though she never said anything, I don't think my mother cared for how the dolls looked, I rather suspect she thought they were ugly. lol. ^_~

It wasn't until after they invented computers and ebay, when I was finally able to find and purchase two beautiful Gregors and a Sasha for my very own. ^_^

Yes that is a Gregor doll, his name is Henry and he has his own blog and facebook page!  He is my main travel companion and has been to France, Germany, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia and USA so far!  Admittedly he only visited Singapore airport! Wink  I am primarily a Sasha & Gregor person I guess...but then sort of branched out.  Well actually I originally collected Tressy dolls, but only have two left now of my collection as I sold the rest.  Would love to see photos of your Gregors and Sashas at some stage (don't know if you have a Flickr account or a blog?)

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:32 am

No flicker or blog accounts, I use something called photobucket, although lately I've thought about looking into getting a blog account.

I don't have any photos of my Gregor and Sasha boys, I purchased them way before I knew about doll collector forums and posting pictures to share.

At the moment, they are currently packed carefully away along with several of my other dolls due to a large lack of space. Razz

Eventually, I'd like to be able to devote at least one room to my dolls, with some spillover of course. ^_~

Although, at the rate they seem to multiply, I'm beginning to think I should just give them their own house to live in! Very Happy
Not impossible, seeing that I do own a second house, but they would have to share it with our library, since the majority of our books currently reside there. Smile

I've seen other posts that mentioned Tressy dolls, are you referring to the roughly Barbie sized fashion doll whose hair "grew" when you pushed a button in her belly? When you wanted to make her hair short again, you used a special little key that you inserted into a lock on her back, and as you turned the key her hair would wind back up into her body.

This doll I'm thinking of came out sometime in the 60s or 70s, and I'm pretty positive she was called Tressy, because I had one as a child. She was a lot of fun to play with, I liked making her hair go back and forth from long to short. Although I think I mostly left it short when actually playing pretend with her, it didn't get in the way so much when it was short, and made her seem more boyish.

I remember I liked her because to me, she had a little more realistic looking, and less of an "in-your-face" implants looking body shape than Barbie, and looked like she wore a lot less make-up. ^_^

The only thing I remember not liking, besides the fact that she wasn't a boy, was that she couldn't really fit into most of Barbie's clothes, and that it was hard to find any clothing that was made specifically for her, the same problem I had with my Tammy doll. Either the company just didn't produce a lot of clothing and accessories for her, or more likely, the stores in my area couldn't get, or couldn't be bothered with getting, the outfits and accessory packs for her.

JRyu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:59 am

JRyu wrote:No flicker or blog accounts, I use something called photobucket, although lately I've thought about looking into getting a blog account.

Although, at the rate they seem to multiply, I'm beginning to think I should just give them their own house to live in! Very Happy
Not impossible, seeing that I do own a second house, but they would have to share it with our library, since the majority of our books currently reside there. Smile

I've seen other posts that mentioned Tressy dolls, are you referring to the roughly Barbie sized fashion doll whose hair "grew" when you pushed a button in her belly?  When you wanted to make her hair short again, you used a special little key that you inserted into a lock on her back, and as you turned the key her hair would wind back up into her body.  

This doll I'm thinking of came out sometime in the 60s or 70s, and I'm pretty positive she was called Tressy, because I had one as a child.  She was a lot of fun to play with, I liked making her hair go back and forth from long to short.  Although I think I mostly left it short when actually playing pretend with her, it didn't get in the way so much when it was short, and made her seem more boyish.

I remember I liked her because to me, she had a little more realistic looking, and less of an "in-your-face" implants looking body shape than Barbie, and looked like she wore a lot less make-up. ^_^  

The only thing I remember not liking, besides the fact that she wasn't a boy, was that she couldn't really fit into most of Barbie's clothes, and that it was hard to find any clothing that was made specifically for her, the same problem I had with my Tammy doll.   Either the company just didn't produce a lot of clothing and accessories for her, or more likely, the stores in my area couldn't get, or couldn't be bothered with getting, the outfits and accessory packs for her.
Yes you must get a blog account!  Would love to see more pictures of your different dolls!   I too have a photobucket account, but rarely use it these days.

Yes that is the Tressy I meant.  My Mum made clothes for Tressy so I don't really recall having any difficulty dressing her, but that could be why!  My original one went missing during one of our many house moves along with a favourite dressing gown of mine as I recall!  I think on of our boxes fell off the box along the way. (We used to move using an old Bedford flat bed truck!)  That was how I ended up collecting Tressy dolls, trying to replace my original doll!  Finally achieved that late last year.  Well a look a like anyway.

MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top