Greetings from Chicago

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings from Chicago

Post by jupiternames on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:49 am

It's Jupiter from the (old) forums. Just for archiving purposes, I joined the Makies website on 23 April 2014.

The short version: Currently, I have seven Makies--five cuties that I designed and two classics that I purchased from the wonderful Jealiebean/Nealie. Soon I will bring home an eighth...soon.

My Makies are--

The cuties who are all designed after the rats I've had. Consequently, these are sort of frozen in this state between being adult and child, as most pets are.

Lizzie likes Star Wars, biochemistry, animals, Sherlock Holmes, helping out, and being with her friends. Lizzie hates being left all alone, but that hasn't been a problem for a long time. She isn't too picky about wearing girly clothes and enjoys floral prints, costumes, hot chocolate, and comfortable clothes. Lizzie is Caucasian.

Lizzie in the lab 1 by ElectricSheepCraft, on Flickr

Steffie wants to be a vet and studies toward that end. She has a rabbit named Cheese and a large collection of Care Bears. She's a bit absent minded and indecisive, but she's sweet and smarter than she seems at first. She loves cats and she will wear any color or practically anything I ask her to unless it's itchy. She requests that her boyfriend Bruno be printed. Steffie is mixed race Asian and Caucasian (as a tribute to my vet back in San Diego who had such a great connection to my Steffie rat).

taking care of Cheese by ElectricSheepCraft, on Flickr

At this point, I didn't think Makies were any trouble at all but then came...

Pepper, who is the most mischievous of all my girls! Pepper loves running and playing games and pretending to be a pirate. She won't wear anything girly. She has a lot of energy and I'm really not sure she sleeps at all. Pep has poor impulse control and tends to act out her emotions rather than saying how she feels. She has destroyed numerous Magic cards, burnt my robe, and thrown cough drops all over my floor, among other crimes. Pepper loves her twin Poppy more than anyone or anything else in the world. Pepper is Hispanic.

Pepper's new pants by ElectricSheepCraft, on Flickr

Poppy loves games just as much as her sister does. She also loves Pepper, but sometimes finds her exhausting. Pop is very afraid of strangers and doesn't like to go out. We suspect she has a social anxiety disorder. She likes to wear skirts and can be a bit frumpy. Her favorite food is fries and she usually has some stashed somewhere for snacking. She would love to see the ancient Mesoamerican step pyramids some day.

Poppy loves fries. by ElectricSheepCraft, on Flickr

Nikki is their self-declared leader. She's very no-nonsense and bossy. Nikki is interested in outer space, building, and engineering. She is a bit at odds with Lizzie as Nikki thinks Star Trek is far superior to Star Wars. Her dream is to take over NASA and begin planning to put a woman (herself) on Mars. She is the pickiest of all about clothing and will have nothing to do with frilly things or dresses. She wears red, grey, white, black, and yellow. She will accept green, navy, or orange. I don't argue with her because she is more strong willed than I am and much smarter. Nikki has a soft spot for Steffie and thinks Pepper is great, but Pepper thinks Nikki is way too bossy. Nikki is Caucasian, but not related to Lizzie as far as we know.

New makeup for Nikki by ElectricSheepCraft, on Flickr

My classics are:

Allie, a confirmed literature nerd and makeup enthusiast. Allie likes the cuties, but is a lot more grown up than they are, so she tends to go her own way most of the time. Allie likes to relax with a good cup of tea. She has her eye on a red, long wig and on the curly candy-colored wigs.

Allie with books by ElectricSheepCraft, on Flickr

Flex, who I have learned uses the name Garrak. He's the only he-Makie here, and is really thankful for any clothes that I buy him. We're not sure what his relationship to Allie is, but we know he's the younger of the two. He has remained stubbornly bald and has flatly refused to be dyed blue. I guess he knows his own direction and I can't force him into one, even if he is a quiet sort of guy. He would really like a kilt and his own shoes. I have confirmed that he likes cookies.

IMG_2406 by ElectricSheepCraft, on Flickr

Last edited by jupiternames on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from Chicago

Post by MissRead on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:04 am

Wonderful to read about your Makie family and their characters! They are all very individual with a wide arrange of interests. Love how you chose to name them as well Very Happy
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm happy to still be able to get updates on your makie family. My Sharpie was adopted from jealiebean too, and she likes to keep up with her old friends!

Artful Owl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:29 am

Yesss!! I still wonder what became of little Tristan. It's nice that at least the three of them can stay up to date with each other. I can't wait to see more pictures of Sharpie and the rest of her friends.
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:53 pm

MissRead wrote:Wonderful to read about your Makie family and their characters!  They are all very individual with a wide arrange of interests.  Love how you chose to name them as well Very Happy

Thanks so much! It's great how much you learn about your Makies once they're printed. Lizzie and Steffie have so much stuff too, since they've been here the longest.
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Great to see them with their descriptions now!  They are so interesting.

Without Challenge There is No Achievement
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Aw, thanks. It's made me realize that I need to take more pictures of Garrak by himself. He's always popping up in group photos, but I never seem to capture him by himself.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BTRlover2211 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:00 am

Ha, we live in the same state. *waves* Your makies are adorable. I kinda want to see Garrak with hair though. XD

BTRlover2211

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:51 am

Thanks! Yeah, Garrak. He's really his own man. He came to me bald and just doesn't seem to like hair. I tried Pepper's hair on him, but he didn't like it at all. I've since glued Pepper's wig down since she had a really bad habit of tossing it across the room and begging me to get it for her.

Allie and Garrak (Flex) by Jealiebean

Nathaira by Fakkel

~~~EVERYONE ELSE!~~~
jupiternames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top