Greetings From DownUnder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings From DownUnder

Post by KimonoKittyCat on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 am

Hi, I wasn't on the old forum but I read it throughly. I was so sad to hear that it was closing but thank p_m (is it ok if I call you that?) for creating this new amazing forum. I currently only have one makie, her name is Nala. I am a very new doll collector, I started collecting around a year ago, only having around 10 dolls in my collection. It includes 3 pullips, 1 monster high, 3 American girls and quite a few barbies (most of them are inherited and they don't hair tongue So I don't display them). I hope I can meet many other doll collectors because there are not many around where I live. Razz I'm hoping to get more makies soon but I do have interests in loads of other doll lines.
KimonoKittyCat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings From DownUnder

Post by MissRead on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:22 am

Down Under Australia?  or Down Under NZ?

Welcome to this fabulous forum!

Without Challenge There is No Achievement
MissRead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:31 am

Thank you for the welcome. I'm from the one and only Down Under Australia complete with kangaroos and emus! Very Happy

Me and my sweet Makie Nala say 'Hello' and we wish you a great and happy day! Razz
KimonoKittyCat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:10 am

Hello, from The Big Island of Hawaii!

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:12 am

Yeah Another islander! Living on the sea is fabulous isn't it?!Smileflower

Me and my sweet Makie Nala say 'Hello' and we wish you a great and happy day! Razz
KimonoKittyCat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:15 am

It does have it's good points. ^_^

I love living so close to the ocean.

I'm originally from the western side of Washington State, so I do miss the fir trees and the forests though... and the cooler weather! :-D

I know what you mean about not having many fellow doll collectors close by, I'm in the same boat here. I only know of two other people here on this Island who are into Asian ball jointed dolls,which is mainly the type of doll I currently collect. I haven't seen them on the BJD forum for quite awhile, so they may have lost interest in the BJDs and moved on to other things.

They were pretty young, still in High School, I believe. Also, I'm not sure they collected any other dolls besides the Asian ball jointed ones, so I'm not certain they would actually even count as doll collectors. ^_~

There are a few more ABJD collectors here in Hawaii, and I'm sure, people who collect other types of dolls too. Unfortunately, the majority of them are all over on the Island of Oahu, which doesn't make it very convenient for dropping by to have a cup of tea and some dolly chat. :-/

As for the Makies, I'm pretty sure I'm currently the only Makie owner on The Big Island, and probably in all of Hawaii! :-[

"In my life there have been no dragons... only stepping in gum, and small spiders.  I would have preferred dragons."
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top